LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS - BMW G310R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

LEGO Technic BMW R 1200 GS

Now, as much as I didn't really have a lot of exposure to LEGO back in the day, I do kind of want this. I used to have a kit for some sort of fighter jet kit and that was a lot of fun to build... well of course until you stepped on one and felt like you were going to die.

But there's a kit for a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure and I think it looks cool as heck !

Anyone want one ? It's 603 pieces. The handlebars rotate, the windshield slides, the pistons in the engine move, and the wheels turn !!

7 Inches high and 13 Inches long.

You even get to download an app that has 3D instructions

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:50 AM

Lego was part of my childhood, but small models of certain objects were never of much interest to me. I was more of a build whatever comes to mind kind of person.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 11:09 AM

I honestly never played with LEGOs. Never interested me at all. With that being said... this doesn't interest me at all either. Although it does look cool, it's not something I can find myself sitting down and putting time in to finish. I'd probably start, get a 1/4 way there and say forget it.

Would be a nice gift for a child though.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 09:54 AM

Gotta start their love of motorcycles early. No childhood is complete without painfully stepping on a lego block.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
I honestly never played with LEGOs. Never interested me at all. With that being said... this doesn't interest me at all either. Although it does look cool, it's not something I can find myself sitting down and putting time in to finish. I'd probably start, get a 1/4 way there and say forget it.

Would be a nice gift for a child though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCool View Post
Gotta start their love of motorcycles early. No childhood is complete without painfully stepping on a lego block.
@Sidewinder seemed to have missed that part of time. Get it for a child in your family and step on a piece before it's too late ! You must know how it feels

But hey, I've seen kids starting to ride motorcycles from the age of 2. That I found was insane, it was a child from Ukraine. I'm pretty sure there's younger but **** thats intense
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 03:58 PM

As cool as those are there's just nothing like having a scale model that looks like a real bike, much like what AutoArt is able to do. This Ducati is just one of many bikes they have:

I'll get bored of that Lego model really fast, but when you have attention to detail like this AutoArt model... bored is not an option.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM

This would be something I would never get bored of... :

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 03:07 PM

Now that's just going too far. Something cool to stare at in my living room like that AutoArt model is what I will want at the most, as for anything running and functional, a real bike is it!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Lol that's extreme ! Definitely not a living room piece haha. But it does look super fun. Those miniature engines can get pretty darn headache. I seen guys have mini supercharged engines, mini nitro fed engines, darn... I'm sure that takes a heck of a lot of time and dedication to make.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 10:03 AM

At that point, you may as well get a pocket bike for your kit instead of just the engine. scale models are the best, but the lego one is good for kids.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page