Saw one in the flesh today! - BMW G310R Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Saw one in the flesh today!

Local dealer here in Oregon had one temporarily on display, apparently travelling the circuit to multiple dealerships. It is leaving next week.
The good news...
It is really nice looking. Compared to the other Indian built bikes (Royal Enfields and KTM 390), the fit and finish are FAR superior. Paint work is perfect. This was the white one. The stock seat height fit my 30" inseam fine. Comfortable sitting position, overall smaller than I expected, though.
The bad news....
Salesman says he doesn't expect availability until November, as 2018 models, but will appear with the GS at same time. I will keep checking tho, he says we may be surprised by earlier release, but not expected.
post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 09:33 PM

WHAT?!!! Where in Oregon are you, JACoH? I'm down in Ashland, and my dealer in Medford hasn't clued me in to any appearances. But I'd be willing to travel to wherever in Oregon I can go to see one in the flesh.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Eugene, at European Motorcycles of Western Oregon. Better call first to confirm it's still there.
WoodWorks likes this.

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 PM

Garage
Hey, I also saw one in the flesh today and got to sit on it at The Motorcycle Show in Toronto. Amazing build and quality. The BMW guys said the one at the show is a European version but there are only minor differences in the NA one. Very comfortable bike. I already have my deposit down on the bike. It will arrive in May.
WoodWorks likes this.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:51 AM

Sweet! Glad to hear it's a comfortable sit. How much did the suspension drop when you sat on it??
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:37 AM

What minor differences are there between the NA version and the Euro version? I assume it has something to do with emissions?
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

The one I sat on in Eugene dropped an inch or 2 by feel, didn't really notice. I am 150 lbs, but not a reliable feel because I have a giant plastic boot on my left leg.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCool View Post
What minor differences are there between the NA version and the Euro version? I assume it has something to do with emissions?
Since these bikes adhere to the EU4 emissions standards, which are more stringent than anything we have here in N.A., my guess is that the differences don't have anything to do with emissions. But who know what bureaucratic hurdles BMW has to overcome in various markets?
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:21 AM

November is so far away and by the time the g310r goes on sale, it'll be winter. But then again I'm not sure what the winter temperatures in Oregon are like. It'll be good for those who live in warmer climates.

when you say small, are you talking about the seat height?
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:32 PM

Possibly the bike is a lot smaller as a whole in person opposed to what it seems like in pictures ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page