G310R:UK,Dealer says 17th April in their Showroom - BMW G310R Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

G310R:UK,Dealer says 17th April in their Showroom

Not sure if it's of interest or relevant,but i spoke to the local BMW dealer today(UK) & he says 17th,April,the G310R "should" be in the Showroom,in case this is of interest(everybody may know the delivery schedule already).
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:17 AM

Did you bring up the India delay? Not too sure if that would affect the UK or not but I thought they were the first ones that were supposed to get it
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:30 AM

So at the latest for your dealer would be near the end of April assuming nothing goes wrong with production and delivery. That's not too far away and I assume all dealers now know the delivery schedule for their store.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Ok,no i hadn't mentioned the delay in the India launch,so i've just called them & they say their delivery schedule is still showing 17th April & they have had no notification of a delay,so that's all the info i have.
Also i have only very recently become aware of the G310,i hadn't realised it was originally announced more than 12 months ago,has there ever been an official reason for the long production wait?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rocker View Post
Also i have only very recently become aware of the G310,i hadn't realised it was originally announced more than 12 months ago,has there ever been an official reason for the long production wait?
No "official" announcement. But the word on the Internet is that there was some problem with one of the sourced components, which was only discovered late in the production process. And BMW decided to bite the bullet and either find another source, or remake all of the faulty components.

I have no idea if that's true. But that's the word.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:27 AM

I thought it was delayed in India because of the lack of a dense dealer network. Everywhere else should be fine when it comes to the release date.
We've been waiting for a long time since the g310 models were first announced and I have no idea why BMW took so long to release a product that appeals to a wide range of riders.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:51 AM

Nobody has really posted a confirmed reason for the delay from what I can see, so I think it's just all speculation everywhere.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Local Dealer called today,G310R is in the showroom to view.,i'll try to get in Tomorrow.
During the conversation i realised just how true my forum name is,i think i'm too old to have a dealer test ride,because of the insurance restrictions
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:10 AM

There's an age limit on the insurance for test rides ?!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 AM

This is news to me too. I can understand there being an age restriction if you're too young to even get a license. That's the first time I've heard of this. Is it your own insurance that's the problem or the dealership's insurance?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page