BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Numb bum, Sweaty *** and Wet crotch....

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  bikerstalk 
#1 ·
Today’s mini project was fitting a ‘Sit&Fly’ style 3D mesh seat cover to my baby GS.
For those who don’t know about these covers, they are a woven 3D mesh which does NOT fully compress under your weight, but instead allows air to flow between your butt and the top of the seat. Great for avoiding ‘sweaty *** syndrome’ when riding here in the tropics.
Also added benefit - when it rains it allows the water to drain away so you’re not sitting in a puddle of water on your crotch
area!
Oh.... and the little bit of extra springiness makes long rides so much more comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
My first ride out today with the seat cover fitted. almost immediately I could feel the cool flow of air around my dangly bits! Outside temperature was 32C. Very happy with this purchase. Feels a little more spongy seat as well so should be good on longer rides.

#14 ·
Well my inevitable ride in a tropical storm arrived, and unless you’re unfamiliar with just how much rain falls during one of these downpours, your visibility through the rain drops to 30 or 40 meters .... it’s like riding in fog except instead of mist, you have huge raindrops!
I can confirm, the tops and sides of my shorts were completely soaked, but my crotch was relatively DRY!!!
My friend rode through the same storm, and when he arrived just after me he looked like a drowned rat! He took one look at me and later the same day ordered the seat cover.
He’s now a member of the ‘cool balls’ club :)
Guys..... they WORK!
A final note..... when we both came to leave to ride home, he had to search for something to wipe down his seat...... I didn’t because mine was dry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.