313cc Engine - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
313cc Engine

The G310R is offered with BMW's first sub 500cc engine.

They did some cool stuff to it.

Its been canted 180 degrees rearward in order to put the intake tract sticking straight forward.

the little single cylinder motor also has dual overhead cams and produces 34 hp at 9,500 rpm and 28 Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm.



RadRad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 707
Great that BMW is trying to hit the lower cc market but some people think that they're devaluing their brand by producing a 313cc bike.
I'm all for variety but we'll wait and see if it's a good move on their end with sales numbers.
LiquidCool is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCool View Post
Great that BMW is trying to hit the lower cc market but some people think that they're devaluing their brand by producing a 313cc bike.
I'm all for variety but we'll wait and see if it's a good move on their end with sales numbers.
As long as they keep doing what they've always done with the higher end models and do enough to differentiate them from the lower end bikes, I doubt it will be an issue.
bmwrider is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
As long as they keep doing what they've always done with the higher end models and do enough to differentiate them from the lower end bikes, I doubt it will be an issue.
no thats one of the worst things to do ever. It creates a two tier system, these are the good BMW's these are not. BMW needs to keep the relationship between the high and low close, they need the cache of the higher end models to help sell the lower ones. they need the high quality rep to migrate to a lower price point...



RadRad is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 707
So quality for a good price?
LiquidCool is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRad View Post
no thats one of the worst things to do ever. It creates a two tier system, these are the good BMW's these are not. BMW needs to keep the relationship between the high and low close, they need the cache of the higher end models to help sell the lower ones. they need the high quality rep to migrate to a lower price point...
That makes sense, having that cross promotion going on between models helps the brand as a whole rather than creating a great divide.
bmwrider is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCool View Post
So quality for a good price?
or at least the appearance of quality... we'll see how the rest of the world takes to a budget BMW produced in India. but I have a feeling Motorrad assumes most people in the westerwold will go for the big ones anyways...



RadRad is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 486
I think BMW has another new bike that kind of creates a two tier system. The new BMW scrambler has a few lower spec parts so that they can be produced at a cheaper cost and sold for less. Not sure if the same will happen with the G310R.
Granted it's more of a quality separation than a power one like the 313cc.
EvryDayRide is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 577
That makes sense, ensuring the vitals that really matter are done right is what they know we care about most, the rest, will fly.
bmwrider is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
I think BMW has another new bike that kind of creates a two tier system. The new BMW scrambler has a few lower spec parts so that they can be produced at a cheaper cost and sold for less. Not sure if the same will happen with the G310R.
Granted it's more of a quality separation than a power one like the 313cc.
The nineT is a modular platform. Theres 3 or 4 bikes based on that architecture.



RadRad is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome