Lowering kit - Page 3 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 05:02 PM

If you lower both ends of the bike by the same amount, it will not have any dramatic mishandling traits. After looking at that piece, I will have to take the shock out of the bike downstairs to see what I can do about machining a smaller unit for my daughter to ride her bike with more confidence when coming to a full stop.
schwa99x likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 11:55 AM

Garage
Hello, has anybody used the Wilbers Promoto Lowering Kit 25 mm ? It's listed on the EPM USA website for $155 USD
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Garage
It's available in either 25mm or 40 mm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tieferlegungskit.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	12138  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:33 AM

That last one looks like a sort of "bone" system whereas the others require you to remove an end off the original shock and replace it with their version. Unfortunatley there is no further adjustment, it is a single length drop.

People are not indicating if they are lowering an "R" or a "GS" as they are a little different. I know the Rally-Raid product is a little more expensive... but it is not much more than the cost of the lower seat. It is also height adjustable so you can fine tune or if you sell your bike later the height can be raised back up to normal easily.

I have the "GS" and I will eventually lower it and will get the Rally-Raid product or one like it. I think they offer some kind of discount to forum members so I would contact them if interested.

I have seen videos of people removing the stock end and it is not as easy as it sounds if you don't have the right equipment, gloves, and torch required. For me, I would be more at ease changing a shock than modifying one.

I am shorter with a 28-29" inseam and am surviving on my GS with either hiking boot or Adventure boots to get the height I need to put one foot down (I still have to slide over a little)

2018 BMW G310GS White
2017 Hyosung GD250R Black/Gray
2016 KTM RC390
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE (sold)
2008 Hyosung GT250R (crashed)
199x Kawasaki Ninja 250 (engine failure)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page