adjustable lever set - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

adjustable lever set

anybody found a set of span adjustable levers yet, my wife has small hands and is struggling to reach levers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ligkonakos
Have you checked those short clutch/brake levers from Evotech? Apparently from what they list, there are 6 adjustable positions for the levers. I'd argue that your dealer (or you? if you're a hobbyist) can adjust it as well, but then again I'm not really good at technicalities.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

I did look at them, but they are sold out, guess Ill have to wait
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 01:25 AM

Garage
Asked the local dealer for Evotech and he says that Evotech hasn't fully developed them yet or are still currently finished test fitting them. So he thinks it might a few weeks before we hear anything.

G310R....where are you?!
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:14 PM

I have not been able to find adjustable levers for my wife's G310R. Very surprised that there are not more accessories available. Evotech is still under development and CRG has not yet considered this model. If anyone finds a nice available set, my wife needs a set so please mention in the forum.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa99x View Post
I have not been able to find adjustable levers for my wife's G310R. Very surprised that there are not more accessories available. Evotech is still under development and CRG has not yet considered this model. If anyone finds a nice available set, my wife needs a set so please mention in the forum.
You just have to be patient as it always takes a while for the accessory manufacturers to catch up on a completely new bike.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
You just have to be patient as it always takes a while for the accessory manufacturers to catch up on a completely new bike.
Tell that to my wife.

If you had a motorcycle that you could not ride because of the ergonomics, you'd likely be less patient. We understand that it is a new motorcycle in the USA. Keep in mind that this bike has been out for over a year in other countries.

Hopefully Evotech or CRG will have something out this year. Adjustable levers was a big miss by BMW as a after market accessory considering the target market.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 08:39 AM

Yes, I have the same problem as your wife as I have short fingers but hoping someone will come out with some adjustable levers soon. Pazzo have not listed the G310R yet either. I think they will become available in the next few weeks (hopefully!). I am not surprised that BMW have failed on the after market levers as they have completely failed to deliver on all the other supposed accessories. I don't think that they have been available anywhere till this year as production was delayed due to quality control issues.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa99x View Post
Keep in mind that this bike has been out for over a year in other countries.
I understand your disappointment, schwa99x. But the R hasnít been available for ďover a year.Ē The first ones shipped in April of this year, when they finally started trickling out due to the QC issues that Glencoeman mentioned. Iíve been following its development closely, and if you do a search youíll quickly find that no one had been able to purchase an R anywhere in the world before then.

And there was never any hint from BMW about offering adjustable levers. So waiting for non-OEM parts was your only option. You canít blame BMW for not offering what they always told us they had no plans to offer.

Iím first in line at my dealer here in southern Oregon for the GS. But if my must-have options arenít available (center stand, tall seat) when the first one gets here, I plan on taking a pass and giving up my spot to the #2 customer. Why would I want to spend a lot of money on something that doesnít work for me?
Glencoeman likes this.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
I understand your disappointment, schwa99x. But the R hasnít been available for ďover a year.Ē The first ones shipped in April of this year, when they finally started trickling out due to the QC issues that Glencoeman mentioned. Iíve been following its development closely, and if you do a search youíll quickly find that no one had been able to purchase an R anywhere in the world before then.

And there was never any hint from BMW about offering adjustable levers. So waiting for non-OEM parts was your only option. You canít blame BMW for not offering what they always told us they had no plans to offer.

Iím first in line at my dealer here in southern Oregon for the GS. But if my must-have options arenít available (center stand, tall seat) when the first one gets here, I plan on taking a pass and giving up my spot to the #2 customer. Why would I want to spend a lot of money on something that doesnít work for me?
Fair points. Hopefully, adjustable levers will be available soon. My view is that adjustable levers should have been an accessory option and was a miss by BMW.
Glencoeman and Defender like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page