low seat non option? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

low seat non option?

Has anyone managed to order a low seat?
Im told you have the buy the bike with the stock seat, then buy a low seat, fit and throw away the stock seat.
Also centre stands are not avaiLable to order in the uK

why do BMW market a bike to new riders and then make it expensive for them to get on the road, Nice intro into the BMW family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger44 View Post
Has anyone managed to order a low seat?
Im told you have the buy the bike with the stock seat, then buy a low seat, fit and throw away the stock seat.
Also centre stands are not avaiLable to order in the uK

why do BMW market a bike to new riders and then make it expensive for them to get on the road, Nice intro into the BMW family.
That's what my dealer told me about centre stands. However, they are listed on the accessories of the G310R page on the BMW Motorrad UK website. It seems that there are no official accessories available at present in the UK anyway. Still can't find a definitive answer if centre stands will be available or not once BMW get their supply act together.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 04:23 AM

I contacted BMW Motorrad UK direct and they said that a centre stand is unavailable at present and did not know when they will be available to order. Not very good service from a manufacturer that prides itself on customer service especially as, I am led to believe from my dealer, that NO G310R accessories are available at present even though they are listed.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

I had same response, they dont know when they will be available, the whole 310 introduction has been a farce.
Glencoeman and Boer like this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
I contacted BMW Motorrad UK direct and they said that a centre stand is unavailable at present and did not know when they will be available to order. Not very good service from a manufacturer that prides itself on customer service especially as, I am led to believe from my dealer, that NO G310R accessories are available at present even though they are listed.
Mmmh, I ordered some accessories on my G310R. When it's going to be delivered, I will let you know if it was a lie or not

Proud owner of one BMW G310R.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Garage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I was told that the different seats where an option and didn't cost any extra if you ordered the seat with your bike (i.e. you only get 1 seat). The problem was that the dealer didn't have any high or low seats for the demonstrator, so I just went with the normal seat and am happy with it. I agree that each dealer should have at least one of each so that potential buyers can try them out and order them at the start (at no additional cost) and not have to buy them as a separate item at a later stage.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
I was told that the different seats where an option and didn't cost any extra if you ordered the seat with your bike (i.e. you only get 1 seat). The problem was that the dealer didn't have any high or low seats for the demonstrator, so I just went with the normal seat and am happy with it. I agree that each dealer should have at least one of each so that potential buyers can try them out and order them at the start (at no additional cost) and not have to buy them as a separate item at a later stage.
I was told quite the opposite, if the order the low seat it is additional cost, so you now have two seats, and one bike. Go figure.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM

Yep i order the low seat for the gs310
Its today arrived this weekend i have the pictures how its looks on the bike 1week order and delivery
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM

Its the same partnumber for the g310r an gs310

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page