low seat non option? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 41
low seat non option?

Has anyone managed to order a low seat?
Im told you have the buy the bike with the stock seat, then buy a low seat, fit and throw away the stock seat.
Also centre stands are not avaiLable to order in the uK

why do BMW market a bike to new riders and then make it expensive for them to get on the road, Nice intro into the BMW family.
Roger44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger44 View Post
Has anyone managed to order a low seat?
Im told you have the buy the bike with the stock seat, then buy a low seat, fit and throw away the stock seat.
Also centre stands are not avaiLable to order in the uK

why do BMW market a bike to new riders and then make it expensive for them to get on the road, Nice intro into the BMW family.
That's what my dealer told me about centre stands. However, they are listed on the accessories of the G310R page on the BMW Motorrad UK website. It seems that there are no official accessories available at present in the UK anyway. Still can't find a definitive answer if centre stands will be available or not once BMW get their supply act together.
Glencoeman is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK
Posts: 196
I contacted BMW Motorrad UK direct and they said that a centre stand is unavailable at present and did not know when they will be available to order. Not very good service from a manufacturer that prides itself on customer service especially as, I am led to believe from my dealer, that NO G310R accessories are available at present even though they are listed.
Glencoeman is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 41
I had same response, they dont know when they will be available, the whole 310 introduction has been a farce.
Glencoeman and Boer like this.
Roger44 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Maarten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Belgium
Posts: 17
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
I contacted BMW Motorrad UK direct and they said that a centre stand is unavailable at present and did not know when they will be available to order. Not very good service from a manufacturer that prides itself on customer service especially as, I am led to believe from my dealer, that NO G310R accessories are available at present even though they are listed.
Mmmh, I ordered some accessories on my G310R. When it's going to be delivered, I will let you know if it was a lie or not

Proud owner of one BMW G310R.
Maarten is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Member
 
Boer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 69
Garage
Boer is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
 
porth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 783
Garage
I was told that the different seats where an option and didn't cost any extra if you ordered the seat with your bike (i.e. you only get 1 seat). The problem was that the dealer didn't have any high or low seats for the demonstrator, so I just went with the normal seat and am happy with it. I agree that each dealer should have at least one of each so that potential buyers can try them out and order them at the start (at no additional cost) and not have to buy them as a separate item at a later stage.
porth is online now  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
I was told that the different seats where an option and didn't cost any extra if you ordered the seat with your bike (i.e. you only get 1 seat). The problem was that the dealer didn't have any high or low seats for the demonstrator, so I just went with the normal seat and am happy with it. I agree that each dealer should have at least one of each so that potential buyers can try them out and order them at the start (at no additional cost) and not have to buy them as a separate item at a later stage.
I was told quite the opposite, if the order the low seat it is additional cost, so you now have two seats, and one bike. Go figure.
Roger44 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
tonnetje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: netherlands
Posts: 337
Yep i order the low seat for the gs310
Its today arrived this weekend i have the pictures how its looks on the bike 1week order and delivery
tonnetje is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
tonnetje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: netherlands
Posts: 337
Its the same partnumber for the g310r an gs310
tonnetje is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single seat kit porth Appearance Modifications 7 06-13-2017 12:34 AM
Sadly no G310R for me. Old Rocker BMW G310R General Discussions 29 05-10-2017 03:43 PM
Sat on a G310R LiquidCool BMW G310R General Discussions 36 04-28-2017 10:34 AM
Seat Height RadRad Appearance Modifications 17 06-24-2016 02:56 PM
pillion seat RadRad Appearance Modifications 4 11-19-2015 10:00 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome