Clutch Lever Replacement - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Clutch Lever Replacement

Hi All,
Newbie rider here....And I dropped the bike, breaking the end of the clutch lever :-(
Any recommendations on what to replace it with? Can any aftermarket lever replacement fit or do I need a certain reference number?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 05:25 AM

Garage
you can try revzill.com, they have a few universal levers that should fit, but also contact the shop where you purchased if they decent and not out to take advantage of you they will also give you options, but no you are not stuck to one part.
LABMW likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Would any similarly sized lever work or does it need some g310r specific mounting design?
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Actually the dealer said it costs about $100 from them and suggested to look elsewhere if I wanted to. just didnt know where to look and what I'm looking for to ensure it will fit. But I'll search around RevZilla. Thanks
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABMW View Post
Actually the dealer said it costs about $100 from them and suggested to look elsewhere if I wanted to. just didnt know where to look and what I'm looking for to ensure it will fit. But I'll search around RevZilla. Thanks
What part did you break exactly ? Just the lever part or did it also break where it mounts and where the mirror is attached ?
If it's just the lever, it should be around $30 for the genuine OEM one. Part# 32728388835

I doubt you can find a compatible replacement lever only from aftermarket at this point. Maybe as time goes but as of now you might have to stick with OEM.

Last edited by heap; 09-08-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: because
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 01:54 PM

here you go, check this out, you can buy these direct from Germany

31 Euros

https://www.bmwautoparts.net/en/cata...310/0/0/2017/0
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger44 View Post
here you go, check this out, you can buy these direct from Germany

31 Euros

https://www.bmwautoparts.net/en/cata...310/0/0/2017/0
If you check the site, the clutch lever is unavailable at present.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABMW View Post
Hi All,
Newbie rider here....And I dropped the bike, breaking the end of the clutch lever :-(
Any recommendations on what to replace it with? Can any aftermarket lever replacement fit or do I need a certain reference number?

Thanks
Exact same thing happened to me. Only a small part of the clutch lever broke, about 2 inches long. Seems to be made that way to break in case of fall, as there is a small groove. My clutch lever still functions fine. My dealer quoted me for about 50 bucks for the lever, not including labour cost. I'm looking at other options too.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Exact same thing happened to me. Only a small part of the clutch lever broke, about 2 inches long. Seems to be made that way to break in case of fall, as there is a small groove. My clutch lever still functions fine. My dealer quoted me for about 50 bucks for the lever, not including labour cost. I'm looking at other options too.
At this point I doubt you'll find cheaper options than buying the OEM lever. If your dealer won't go down the price then just google "BMW 32728388835" and a choice of places to order it will pop out. $30-40 should do it.
If your dealer wants too much $ to your taste for a 5 minute job, then let's do it yourself:

1- Unscrew lock nut of tension adjuster. Screw-in the tension adjuster on lever to give you more free play and ease the job...
2- Unscrew the pivot bolt.
3- Remove the broken lever and free the tip of the cable.
4- Replace tip of cable inside new lever and put back new lever in place.
5- Redo step 2 and 1 in reverse order...
7- Keep old lever as spare - it's still working after all.

Here's a youtube video, not G310R specific, but any cable operated clutch lever is quite similar in design from bike to bike, so you can expect a very similar procedure.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:29 AM

OEM levers suck it on the G310. Please ideas and new products coming. I'm on the hunt and will do the same. Lots of confusion right now with the aftermarket manufactures about whats "really" available and what is on their websites. I get why, but it can lead to chasing rabbits...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page