Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield

Has anyone tried the Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield on the R? Slipstreamer.com for some reason do not include BMW on the compatibility lists. I previously bought this windshield and fitted it to a 2013 Honda CRF250L, even though it was not on their list. Someone on a CRF250L forum had tried it and reported that it fitted. Seeing the headlight and dash is connected to the handlebars, unlike most other BMW's where they are connected to the frame, I can't see any reason why it should not work. The fixing principle is similar to the Puig 5022. The model would be S-06-(C)lear or (T)inted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S-06-Spitfire-BLK-Hardware-C.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	3282  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2017, 08:14 AM

I have one on a shelf in the garage, tried a fit on the GS, to much bodywork for clearances.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

I've made a template based on the measurements given on the website. I'll cut it out of cardboard and try and simulate one when I get the bike tomorrow. Tickster, is it possible to tell me how long the support bars are please?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Spitfire screen1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	3306  
Old 12-03-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Would you be able to measure the length of the support rods for me please? I've made a template and cut out a cardboard replica to simulate the windscreen - just need to see if the supports are long enough.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

I can confirm that the Slipstreamer Spitfire S-06-C does fit the 310R. I ordered one from Amazon on Monday and it arrived in South Africa and was installed on the bike within 72 hours! The bottom front of the screen conveniently fits into the slot between the display console and the plastic cover in front of it.

I had previously mocked one up from photos on the web, cut it out and made sure that the indicators, etc were not obscured. I had one previously on my Honda CRF250L so I was familiar with how the screen attaches to the handlebars, so was able to order it knowing there was a 99,9% chance of it fitting properly.

Takes all the wind off your chest!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen installed.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	3346