Phone holders - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Stefan Lepicier-Gibson
  • 1 Post By Stefan Lepicier-Gibson

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Phone holders

I've tried a few different phone holders over the years, and they've all worked well, but sheesh some of them (looking at you RAM universal holder) are super-ugly to look at! After ditching my Navman GPS (it was old and didn't upgrade with the recent GPS reference shift), it was time to look at phone holders again.

I already had the Givi mount (great piece of kit btw!), so thought I'd give the Givi phone holder a try. WOW!!! It's a solid, well engineered piece, quick and easy to fit and use, and even accommodates the large phones like my Samsung Note 8. The phone sits absolutely solid, no fear of it falling out (even comes with loops to fit for off-road vibes) and expands out more than enough for me to use a chunky protective case with it (next on my purchase list).

Nakul Malik and Gtown like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:49 PM

I use the RAM Mounts
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lepicier-Gibson View Post
I've tried a few different phone holders over the years, and they've all worked well, but sheesh some of them (looking at you RAM universal holder) are super-ugly to look at! After ditching my Navman GPS (it was old and didn't upgrade with the recent GPS reference shift), it was time to look at phone holders again.

I already had the Givi mount (great piece of kit btw!), so thought I'd give the Givi phone holder a try. WOW!!! It's a solid, well engineered piece, quick and easy to fit and use, and even accommodates the large phones like my Samsung Note 8. The phone sits absolutely solid, no fear of it falling out (even comes with loops to fit for off-road vibes) and expands out more than enough for me to use a chunky protective case with it (next on my purchase list).

Do you have a pic of the view sitting in the saddle looking forward. Does it block your view? Do you also have the links to these as well?
Thanks
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
Do you have a pic of the view sitting in the saddle looking forward. Does it block your view? Do you also have the links to these as well?
Thanks
I use my phone to take pics, so it's a bit tricky to take a photo of it in the mount, haha! It's very adjustable to suit your height and riding position. I have it positioned to sit just above my dash instruments, and I have a clear and unimpeded view of the road ahead. If you have any RAM mounts, it's also compatible with these also, so you're not just limited to having it front and centre.

I bought mine from a local Aussie bike store, but if you Google or look on eBay for Givi S920, you'll find plenty of places selling these.
Gtown likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:00 PM

Garage
Appreciate the response. Thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lepicier-Gibson View Post
I use my phone to take pics, so it's a bit tricky to take a photo of it in the mount, haha! It's very adjustable to suit your height and riding position. I have it positioned to sit just above my dash instruments, and I have a clear and unimpeded view of the road ahead. If you have any RAM mounts, it's also compatible with these also, so you're not just limited to having it front and centre.

I bought mine from a local Aussie bike store, but if you Google or look on eBay for Givi S920, you'll find plenty of places selling these.
Do you have a part number on the windshield mount?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
Do you have a part number on the windshield mount?
The part number is FB5126 for the windshield mount.

https://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle/pr...tionals/fb5126
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:51 AM

Garage
Thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page