Replacement Clutch Lever - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Red face Replacement Clutch Lever

Well, the tall side stand finally bit me tonight. The asphalt was a bit higher to the left of the bike and of course the stand scrubbed the ground and didn't lock into the forward position. Down she went. Aside from my pride and the clutch lever, nothing seems seriously damaged. I'll check the fairings tomorrow when I have more light.

So I'm in the market for a replacement lever. For those of you in Europe, what do you recommend? Is the RacingBike brand from Italy any good?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLUTCH-LEVER...MAAOSwj1VcnNyg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeakyTailpipe View Post
Well, the tall side stand finally bit me tonight. The asphalt was a bit higher to the left of the bike and of course the stand scrubbed the ground and didn't lock into the forward position. Down she went. Aside from my pride and the clutch lever, nothing seems seriously damaged. I'll check the fairings tomorrow when I have more light.

So I'm in the market for a replacement lever. For those of you in Europe, what do you recommend? Is the RacingBike brand from Italy any good?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLUTCH-LEVER...MAAOSwj1VcnNyg
Looks identical to these exept the extremely marked up price:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/For-BMW-G310...8AAOSwT0NbW-FR
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

The link times out for me, but I believe I found the same levers you mentioned. You're right, they look identical except for the laser engraving.

Red 2018 G310GS
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 02:42 PM

When you install the aftermarket clutch lever, there is a high probability that you will not be able to start the bike while in gear. You just need to adjust the "clip" that allows the bike to start in gear. I hope someone can explain this better.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKITAUCLA View Post
When you install the aftermarket clutch lever, there is a high probability that you will not be able to start the bike while in gear. You just need to adjust the "clip" that allows the bike to start in gear. I hope someone can explain this better.
Thanks for the heads-up. My bike struggles to start in gear even with the factory lever properly adjusted. I'll look into this.

Red 2018 G310GS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

I picked up the Chinese levers from Ebay for only 32 EUR shipped. I have to say, they're beautiful. There were some minor imperfections in machining, which I fully expected, but nothing major. I did clean a few burrs out of the inside of the clutch lever which could have potentially caused wear on the clutch cable, and I needed to adjust the location of the left mirror/lever mount to give enough clearance for full lever travel. But overall, I'm impressed.

Setting 4 feels about the same as the factory levers, and no need to adjust anything else for proper clutch and brake function.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190618_202512.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	13230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190618_202538.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	13232  

Red 2018 G310GS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version