HyperPro Shock Installed G310GS Lowered 2.5” - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

HyperPro Shock Installed G310GS Lowered 2.5”

I just had a bunch of mods installed on my 310GS. HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”. Also installed Powerbronze screen (quality so-so), R&G Crash Bars, Fork sliders, Swing Arm Sliders and high Renthal Bars. I can flat foot the bike now and the higher bars are much more comfortable and clear the tank when going lock to lock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7A6B09E6-BBFF-4537-B93A-03BEC0766467_1523060283317.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	6714   Click image for larger version

Name:	8CB0F174-A889-4137-95A8-E395E0B6A9BD_1523060304267.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	6722   Click image for larger version

Name:	F83BC500-FD66-41CB-A452-185848007461_1523060323803.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	6730  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouseau View Post
HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”.
****, that thing thing crouches nicely! Is that the lowered seat as well?
Quote:
Also installed Powerbronze screen (quality so-so)...
Apparently Rally Raid has taken notice of the offset angle of the screen to the bolts, and will be supplying different rubber grommets to solve that problem. But yeah, Powerbronze hasn’t impressed me with its attention to detail either.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
I just had a bunch of mods installed on my 310GS. HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”.
Not quite sure about the forks - were the progressive springs that much shorter also - I noticed that you haven't raised the tubes in the clamps.

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
Apparently Rally Raid has taken notice of the offset angle of the screen to the bolts...
Not so much "taken notice" as having had it thrust in their face and stapled to their nose. hard to ignore that.

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 08:20 AM

Hi klouseau. Welcome to the forum.
Bike looks nice. tell me, the Renthal bars, did you have problems with the cables being too short? if so how did you manage, fit longer cables etc. And if you don't mind me asking.do you have the Renthal part no. I have a G310R but am having wrist problems with my bars, was going to fit risers but your bars look a better option.
Thanks
Blackie

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Not so much "taken notice" as having had it thrust in their face and stapled to their nose. hard to ignore that.
No, I posted some photos of the problem over at the AdvRiders' Rally Raid forum, and within a day Rally Raid had not only resolved the issue, but said they were going to ship replacement grommets to all who had received their screens, and to all new buyers going forward. To me that's exemplary customer service, especially for a product they're only reselling, and they have certainly earned my loyalty. I have no idea if Powerbronze will be equally responsive. But they should.
dejah and Gelände Schnecke like this.

Last edited by WoodWorks; 04-07-2018 at 03:24 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 03:22 AM

For information, both our RR are different to the Powerbronze screens, our Adv screen has been designed exclusively for RR to clear the BarkBuster handguards at full lock, with either OEM or Renthal 609 RC High bars, something we know the Powerbronze does not.
As for the initial problem with the screws not sitting flat to our screens, although we had no problem with both our G310GS bikes on the 10,000km APC Rally in Australia. But, based on our initial customers experiences with the first batch of screens, we checked the screw fitment and agreed it could be better secured to allow for the difference in angles between the screw head and the new steeper curve of our adv screens.
So, once the problem was resolved we sent replacement parts out to all our initial customers and also added the grommets to our stock for future sales.
We appreciate real-world feedback from our customers, and welcome forum members bringing any subjects to our attention, that is why we monitor this forum, and some others,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
Quote:
HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”.
****, that thing thing crouches nicely! Is that the lowered seat as well?
Quote:
Also installed Powerbronze screen (quality so-so)...
Apparently Rally Raid has taken notice of the offset angle of the screen to the bolts, and will be supplying different rubber grommets to solve that problem. But yeah, Powerbronze hasn’t impressed me with its attention to detail either.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes that is the lowered seat as well.

I am happy with how it looks, but over the moon with how it feels. I agree that the fitment if the powerbronze screen is also poor and has wiggle room with the bolts and stock rubber grommets. The rubber/metal grommets are not deep enough. The screen does not rattle when riding but I can wiggle the screen with movement. There are two gouges in the top of the screen from factory and it is not uniform in design on each side.

I bought the hand muffs and have not installed them because the Renthals have a different inside diameter. But their quality is so so as well.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Hi klouseau. Welcome to the forum.
Bike looks nice. tell me, the Renthal bars, did you have problems with the cables being too short? if so how did you manage, fit longer cables etc. And if you don't mind me asking.do you have the Renthal part no. I have a G310R but am having wrist problems with my bars, was going to fit risers but your bars look a better option.
Thanks
Blackie
There was tons of cable and had zero issues with room. Hopefully it is the same with the 310R. The Renthals do not have the on locator holes (the BMW control pods have locking pins and we sheared those off and built the bars up with tape so that they handlebar controls would clamp fonfhe Renthals. You can also choose to drill the locator holes in the Renthals.

I bought the Renthal 7/8” High bars: item 120295 on fortnine.ca
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Quote:
I just had a bunch of mods installed on my 310GS. HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”.
Not quite sure about the forks - were the progressive springs that much shorter also - I noticed that you haven't raised the tubes in the clamps.
Yes the Progressives were shorter and we did not have to raise the tubes in the triple clamp.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page