G 310 GS plastics - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

G 310 GS plastics

although the overall quality of the 310 is decent for bmw standards, i am a bit disappointed with the quality of the plastics, especially on the front end of the bike. i haven't done any serious off road riding yet, but even dirt roads seem to "challenge" the light assembly. i am a bit frustrated because i intend to do some off road use (when the radiator cover arrives from RR products), anyone else has noticed anything similar? is by any chance, my light fixture faulty or such a thing happens? maybe there are ways to make the plastic parts more sturdy (maybe use some rubber grommets and extra screws, "hidden" somehow...)

Last edited by greekgeek; 05-10-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post
i haven't done any serious off road riding yet, but even dirt roads seem to "challenge" the light assembly. i am a bit frustrated because i intend to do some off road use (when the radiator cover arrives from RR products), anyone else has noticed anything similar? is by any chance, my light fixture faulty or such a
On the GS it is by design. You can tighten the two bolts a little each side of the headlight housing to lessen the ‘wobble’ if it concerns you.

It’s like this to protect the light bulb from the jarring shocks that occur when off road. On the R the headlight assembly is more fixed.

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2019 Honda CB500X
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour

Last edited by Eccles; 05-10-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page