Wanted - OEM Clear windscreen for G310GS - Page 3 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:24 AM

Garage
I'm from Canada and my 2019 was delivered in October 2018 with a black screen. Didn't like the look nor the wind protection. Bought the Givi and I'm quite happy with the new look and protection. No turbulence that I have noticed.

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/givi-...g310gs-17-18-1

Twisted Throttle also carries two other options. I was considering this one but the price difference and overall width and height made me go for the Givi. This one does come in the smoke option as well...

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-v...clear-or-smoke

Their third option does come in black...

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-m...touring-screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
How about three?

Rocky Point.jpg
by David Wood, on Flickr

IMG_0136.jpg
by David Wood, on Flickr

Crater Lake.jpg
by David Wood, on Flickr
I fitted a Rally-Raid screen to my 310GS and still have trouble with wind buffeting. In fact, I went back to the original to test the difference as to where the buffeting takes place. I look at Woodworks screen and am wondering if it is the same as the one, I got. Hard to tell with the side view shots. I guess we are all different and effected differently by the wind. I would like to see a front on shot mate just to compare yours with mine as the saying goes. That aside I have been investigating wind buffeting and talked to Blair Hall at Madstrad.com who specialize in adjustable windscreens and I am convinced that that is the way to go. Unfortunately, as of yet they have not developed one for our bike, but it may be in the wind soon.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverkelly View Post
I would like to see a front on shot mate just to compare yours with mine as the saying goes.
There you go, before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windscreen.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	13078  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
There you go, before and after.
Hey, WoodWorks yep it is the same as the one I have. Iím glad you found it works well for you, mine I find buffets my head and shoulders a lot. When I went back to the OEM the buffeting was spread over my chest and upwards which leaves me wondering which is worst. Do you have a peak on your helmet? I am thinking of removing mine to see if that makes any difference. I find the buffeting is such a distraction from enjoying my country road touring. Itís fine around town just out on the open road.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Do you have a peak on your helmet? I am thinking of removing mine to see if that makes any difference. I find the buffeting is such a distraction from enjoying my country road touring. Itís fine around town just out on the open road.
I have one helmet with a peak, and one without. I get no buffeting (which I would characterize as rough, turbulent airflow that slaps your head around) with either. That said, I do get plenty of airflow from the top of my chest and up. But itís fairly smooth, and I donít find it troublesome. My goal was not to get a ďbubble of silence,Ē and when riding in the deserts of eastern Oregon and northern Nevada, I want every bit of cooling wind on my face that I can get.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I have one helmet with a peak, and one without. I get no buffeting (which I would characterize as rough, turbulent airflow that slaps your head around) with either. That said, I do get plenty of airflow from the top of my chest and up. But itís fairly smooth, and I donít find it troublesome. My goal was not to get a ďbubble of silence,Ē and when riding in the deserts of eastern Oregon and northern Nevada, I want every bit of cooling wind on my face that I can get.
I understand where you are coming from with wanting air flow. If you donít want any you might as well be in a car. Itís the head movement that I find troublesome I am going to remove the peek today and go for a ride just to see if that makes any difference. Iím like you I enjoy the wind in my face and donít want to eliminate that. Like your photos!
WoodWorks likes this.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from with wanting air flow. If you donít want any you might as well be in a car. Itís the head movement that I find troublesome I am going to remove the peek today and go for a ride just to see if that makes any difference. Iím like you I enjoy the wind in my face and donít want to eliminate that. Like your photos!
Hey WoodWorks, just come back from a ride I took the peak off the helmet that made a huge difference. Could only do 100k but that was enough to notice the difference. Still feeling the wind but not getting my head buffeted around, much more comfortable.
WoodWorks likes this.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Hey WoodWorks, just come back from a ride I took the peak off the helmet that made a huge difference. Could only do 100k but that was enough to notice the difference. Still feeling the wind but not getting my head buffeted around, much more comfortable.
Interesting. I rode a little over 200 miles yesterday with my Scorpion EXO-AT950 helmet, which has a peak, and experienced no buffeting. Maybe because itís a modular helmet, and the peak is a bit smaller than most off-road helmets, itís less prone to that sort of problem.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:49 AM

i don't think with gs one needs a high windshield. high shield is usually needed for above 150km/h. i use the gs only in the mountains so I like the stock shield. higher shield obstructs the view. but I guess, if one is using gs for touring, a higher shield may have some benefits...

as you love riding, you need to love you bike

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page