New GS Owner (Orlando, Fl) - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
New GS Owner (Orlando, Fl)

Afternoon all. New owner here, down in the Orlando, Florida area... Thanks for having me. Well, take delivery soon anyhow. Apparently bike's arrived in the states today.. So pending customs and such, soon...

I had "settled" on the Pearl White model due to the other few coming to my local dealer all having deposits. But not sure I am loving the color scheme now. Have requested dealer try and do a dealer trade with another area dealer on perhaps the black model? Even the red maybe? I know this all comes down to personal preference, but believe the pearl white is just a bit too .....flashy with the Red, White and Blue?

(Always love the opinion of the community considering haven't actually seen it in person yet... Only via pics.


Lastly.. Love some additional opinions on must do mods, since, well, I just cannot leave well enough alone.

Again, thanks for having me and look forward to getting to know all of you better!
gaeter likes this.
Shawn Casadevall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Tickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Leduc Alberta Canada
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casadevall View Post
Afternoon all. New owner here, down in the Orlando, Florida area... Thanks for having me. Well, take delivery soon anyhow. Apparently bike's arrived in the states today.. So pending customs and such, soon...

I had "settled" on the Pearl White model due to the other few coming to my local dealer all having deposits. But not sure I am loving the color scheme now. Have requested dealer try and do a dealer trade with another area dealer on perhaps the black model? Even the red maybe? I know this all comes down to personal preference, but believe the pearl white is just a bit too .....flashy with the Red, White and Blue?

(Always love the opinion of the community considering haven't actually seen it in person yet... Only via pics.


Lastly.. Love some additional opinions on must do mods, since, well, I just cannot leave well enough alone.

Again, thanks for having me and look forward to getting to know all of you better!
Hi and welcome.
If you haven't already, you need to get up to speed on the kickstand issue. It is at a point currently where
new bikes are not allowed to be delivered to the customer until a fix is done.
Search this forum for opinions and reviews on various mods that owners have already done.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
Tickster is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickster View Post
Hi and welcome.
If you haven't already, you need to get up to speed on the kickstand issue. It is at a point currently where
new bikes are not allowed to be delivered to the customer until a fix is done.
Search this forum for opinions and reviews on various mods that owners have already done.
Spoke to dealer about this since some of the other local ones are on hold for the fix.. Apparently it is a date issue, but from what dealer stated, the bikes just getting to the states are POST the recall date.. Who knows though. Will work for a confirmation tomorrow.
Shawn Casadevall is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Tickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Leduc Alberta Canada
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casadevall View Post
Spoke to dealer about this since some of the other local ones are on hold for the fix.. Apparently it is a date issue, but from what dealer stated, the bikes just getting to the states are POST the recall date.. Who knows though. Will work for a confirmation tomorrow.
Well that good news for you, and hopefully the rest of us waiting to get this little pain in the butt issue resolved.
Keep us up to date.
Hope you get to enjoy this little thumper sooner than later.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
Tickster is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Afternoon all. So my GS has arrived...

Sadly.. Dealer was not able to locate me a black or red one, with the Pearl white being my least favorite option.. With BMW struggling to meet demand on the GS, could be weeks or longer until another batch comes in..

So... Either take this one or sit and wait.

The thought. Snag it, paint or wrap the beak and tanks..

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36671330_10157580316217619_1790658280444395520_n.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	10156   Click image for larger version

Name:	36625106_10157580317387619_8501594197122351104_n.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	10158  
Shawn Casadevall is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casadevall View Post
With BMW struggling to meet demand on the GS, could be weeks or longer until another batch comes in..

So... Either take this one or sit and wait.
if you are not 100% SURE that this is the one for you, don't buy it, wait for a black or red. it's your money after all.. (i waited for a black one for ~2 months..)
greekgeek is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 18
Like you, I have ordered a 2018 G310GS. Attracted mainly by its light weight, tubeless tires, ABS, and long suspension. As ordered:

Pearl white (told my preferred red not available)

With accessory socket
BMW top case, less expensive
BMW tank bag
Center stand, Motech
Clearwater D121 Darlas
Clearwater Darla covers
Clearwater Billie Jr. brake lights
Wunderlich handlebar risers
SoundBomb Compact horn or Stebel

There has been a hold on these GGS bikes due to something about the side-stand. Do not yet have a firm delivery date.


Jeff Dean is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
My dealers down here have gotten a few in today.. 4-5 as far as I know..

None of these are suffering from the stop sell and in fact, could have taken home today, but getting the Akra exhaust installed so holding off on taking delivery until most likely tomorrow.

All new models coming to dealers now, no longer suffer from the stand issue.
Shawn Casadevall is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Tickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Leduc Alberta Canada
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casadevall View Post

All new models coming to dealers now, no longer suffer from the stand issue.
That's very interesting and encouraging.
Maybe you could take a couple of pics of the side stand mount area and
post them when you can.
I and probably others would like to see what if any is different than past models.
Thanks.

2018 Black 310GS
2011 Royal Enfield Classic with Cozy Bullet sidecar
1981 Honda 400 Homemade Bobber
1978 Honda Naked Goldwing
16 past varieties too numerous to mention
Tickster is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickster View Post
That's very interesting and encouraging.
Maybe you could take a couple of pics of the side stand mount area and
post them when you can.
I and probably others would like to see what if any is different than past models.
Thanks.
Will gladly do so, will be in the drive in an hour....
Shawn Casadevall is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Owner (ALMOST) octoboy New Member Introductions 15 09-12-2018 07:47 PM
New G310R Owner Strike_Zero BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 1 06-03-2018 11:53 AM
New 310 Owner tommyguns01 BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 5 05-22-2018 12:19 PM
New 2018 G310R Owner ResQSonny81 BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 3 04-27-2018 12:24 PM
New owner/ Denham Springs, La Tactical_r3dn3ck BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 5 10-07-2017 10:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome