Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. What was it in particular that turned you off?
Turns out a few things but no one thing in particular, if that makes any sense.
1) Off-roading was not for my aging body as I thought I would be able to enjoy it more.
2) Being only 5'8" and only able to get on my toes at a stop was not a relaxing feeling.
3) From 160 hp down to 34hp was just too big of an adjustment, although a sensible one.
4) The few issues some were having and the recall were starting to annoy me. (Though I know
every thing has its faults.)
5) Lastly my plan was to go to a "Cruiser" style when I sold my "Sport Touring" bike, but I deviated
from that and bought the GS when I saw it. So after realizing I was not going to be a GS style rider
I have returned to my plan and bought a used 2011 Yamaha V Star 950 with 7000kms. Very nice
and well kept, comfortable ride.