Mosko Moto Backcountry 35L on BMW G310GS - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to RidingDutchMan
Mosko Moto Backcountry 35L on BMW G310GS

Hello follow bikers,

I just got myself a BMW G310GS and made the decision to add Soft Panniers rather than aluminium ones (consideration weight & safety).

Looking at the various brands in offer, I really like the Mosko Moto Backcountry 35L panniers. Main reason is the way they are fitted on a pannier bike rack, very easy to clip them on/off the bike and very sturdy and secure.

I am living in Thailand and the only aftermarket pannier rack is ‘smaller’ than the exhaust. For hard case panniers no problem as they are build ‘around’ the exhaust (i.e. they have an ‘indent’ at the bottom of the pannier where the exhaust is).

For people familiar with the Mosko Moto Backcountry soft-panniers, the mounting is on a ‘bracket’ attached to the pannier rack. There is a bracket on the pannier as well as on the pannier rack.

Due that the exhaust is ‘underneath’ the pannier rack (so effectively ‘sticking out’), I effectively don’t see a way to install these brackets so that the panniers are mounted vertical.

Is there anyone who has installed the Mosko Moto Backcountry 35L on a BMW G310GS and has a solution for this?

Or is there an aftermarket supplier that produces a pannier rack that ‘goes over’ the exhaust?

Your suggestions and solutions are very welcome.

Thanks and safe riding...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EA2B9F49-0F60-4E3A-9FA1-06DC53E02A57_1535589870605.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	10854  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:56 PM

The Hepco Becker side racks will work. You can get them at Motomachine.com

My Hepco Becker side racks will be here on Tues. I confirmed the fitment with the guys at Mosko Moto on the Backcountry 35L
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	10870  

Last edited by Stampede; 08-29-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Add Pic
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to RidingDutchMan
Hello Stampede,

Many thanks for your swift reply. I am very keen to learn from you whether your Hepco Becker pannier racks will fit well on the G310GS, after you have mounted them on your bike.

In particular I am very interested to hear whether the pannier rack is 'wide' enough so that the rack (and therefore soft panniers) will not touch the exhaust.

Also I am keen to hear from you whether the distance between saddle and pannier on the 'left' side will be the same as on the 'right' side where the exhaust is located. Some of the aluminum panniers are wider on one side and smaller on the other side for that reason.

If that is the case, I might need to consider a 35L pannier on the left and 25L on the right.

I am grateful to hear from you after you have installed the rack.

Many thanks and best regards,
Louis
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDutchMan View Post

In particular I am very interested to hear whether the pannier rack is 'wide' enough so that the rack (and therefore soft panniers) will not touch the exhaust.
Many thanks and best regards,
Louis
Hi Louis,

Here is a pic of the Hepco Becker side racks with Caribou hard cases mounted. It appears to me in this pic that the end of the exhaust is inside of that hard case. So I believe it will work fine. I am the one that Chris at Mosko Moto talked to about fitment on the G310GS. He was confident that there would be no issues. Chris mentioned that the Hepco Becker racks were their go to recommendation if available.

I will update you on Tuesday when my Hepco Becker side rack arrive. I am waiting to order the Mosko Moto bags until I mount the racks for the same reason you mentioned about the issue of distance on the exhaust side as I may want to do the 25L on that side as well.

Best Regards,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	G310GS.jpg.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	10884  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page