Windscreen - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Windscreen

Iím in the process of fitting a ZTech windscreen to my gs. All was going ok until I tried to put in the top screws, seemed like they were too long, checked that with a small Allen key plenty of room. Must be crossed thread.
To my question, how do you remove the plastics around the dash/headlight to access the threads? If I had a metric tap Iíd run that through, but I donít. So Iím thing a close look to see if the thread is ok. Threads on the screws are fine.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red rabbit View Post
Iím in the process of fitting a ZTech windscreen to my gs. All was going ok until I tried to put in the top screws, seemed like they were too long, checked that with a small Allen key plenty of room. Must be crossed thread.
To my question, how do you remove the plastics around the dash/headlight to access the threads? If I had a metric tap Iíd run that through, but I donít. So Iím thing a close look to see if the thread is ok. Threads on the screws are fine.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Hi I fitted my Z-Technic vstream screen last night and had exactly the same thoughts as you, just hand tighten at first till tight (Does feel like its cross threaded) but then tighten with allen key or ratchet ... it does work trust me. I removed screen about three times last night, then tried bolts on their own and scratched my head for half an hour.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page