Does the G 310 GS have a power socket and/or cable? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gtown
  • 1 Post By heap
  • 1 Post By Gtown

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Does the G 310 GS have a power socket and/or cable?

Hi All,
Just received my 2019 BMW G 310 GS a couple of weeks ago. Loving it so far! I have already replaced the black windshield (if you can call that a windshield - was surprised that DOT approved it) with a GIVI D5126ST Windshield and installed a pair of Barkbuster Storm Hand guards. The mods have begun. I have been searching for the cable for the power socket with no luck. I did find a video online for the 310R location and thought by looking in the similar location I would find it but for the life of me I can't. Wondering if anyone can confirm that 310 GS does have a cable and or power outlet? I would rather connect through this route instead of connecting directly to the battery. If it does not have a cable and/or power socket would appreciate next best options/setups.
Thanks.
driverkelly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:08 PM

No way to pin messages on the forum unfortunately. This would be useful in this case since the information is not in the manuals.

Here's some cut and paste from previous messages of myself and other users, I include the information for both bikes for the benefit of others who will land on this.

To locate these sockets:

On the G310R - see: https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/66297-post50.html

On the G310GS - see: https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/67577-post62.html - the 1st pic shows them.

If you're looking for the proper connectors to fit on these ports, instead of splicing the cables, see this reply: https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/70161-post69.html
driverkelly likes this.

'18 G310R
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Garage
Yeah - it's a PITA and involves more screws than you would have thought possible (keep track of what goes where - they look sorta alike, but aren't).

Other than that, it's a pretty straightforward job. I used a BMW powerlet socket that I got off eBay and it plugged directly into the connector on the harness. For the other two things, I cut one connector off and spliced the USB & voltage monitor directly.

Do everything that you want to do while you have it apart - planning is your friend.

The GS link above shows a pic of my bike with the connector location. The finished product looks like this:

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I had read your earlier post for the 310r and was hoping for the potential of just cutting a tie wrap and plugging in. Guess I won’t be so lucky. Thanks for the reply.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Yeah - it's a PITA and involves more screws than you would have thought possible (keep track of what goes where - they look sorta alike, but aren't).

Other than that, it's a pretty straightforward job. I used a BMW powerlet socket that I got off eBay and it plugged directly into the connector on the harness. For the other two things, I cut one connector off and spliced the USB & voltage monitor directly.

Do everything that you want to do while you have it apart - planning is your friend.

The GS link above shows a pic of my bike with the connector location. The finished product looks like this:

Thanks for the response. Wondering why you cut the other connector and spliced the USB and voltage monitor directly? Why not use a similar plug like you did on the other connector?

Newbie alert on the questions to follow. What can you plug into the ghost connectors to supply power? Hand warmers? Auxillary lights? Anything else?

If you plug into the connectors will the power turn on and off with the key?

Thanks in advance for the reply.
driverkelly likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page