Remus HyperCone Exhaust System or Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Lightbulb Remus HyperCone Exhaust System or Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System?

Remus HyperCone Exhaust System or Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System?

Hey guys,

I really need your suggestions from owners who have one of these exhausts.

I am debating on which exhaust to buy and I was wondering if anyone can help and also have this thread for many people who have the same problem in deciding which one to buy.

Remus HyperCone Exhaust System:

I know its more expensive than Akrapovic but its 1) clean fit 2) has monster sound and also 3) it ramps up the bike. It is also 4) lighter than Akrapovic. The only problem is that it might affect when installing side bags. Easy install.

Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System:
1) Cheaper than Remus but the sound is just little higher than the stock exhaust. It also 2) ramps up the bike's torque. BMW recommended exhaust. Heavier than Remus.

I would love to hear from the owners of these exhausts. Thank you!
Riksel Tshering is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksel Tshering View Post
Remus HyperCone Exhaust System or Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System?

Hey guys,

I really need your suggestions from owners who have one of these exhausts.

I am debating on which exhaust to buy and I was wondering if anyone can help and also have this thread for many people who have the same problem in deciding which one to buy.

Remus HyperCone Exhaust System:

I know its more expensive than Akrapovic but its 1) clean fit 2) has monster sound and also 3) it ramps up the bike. It is also 4) lighter than Akrapovic. The only problem is that it might affect when installing side bags. Easy install.

Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System:
1) Cheaper than Remus but the sound is just little higher than the stock exhaust. It also 2) ramps up the bike's torque. BMW recommended exhaust. Heavier than Remus.

I would love to hear from the owners of these exhausts. Thank you!

i just looked at Akrapovic exhaust installed in showroom. it does not look like . good idea, especially the crapy carbon fiber one which tends to crack. first of all, what happens when the bike fall down to the right side? that exhaust is too much hanging out, it will hit the ground. Remus seems like a much better option. i also like the OEM one, but i am going to make an experiment and cut a hole through the inside of it with welding stick. i did it in Tiger 800, and the results were very good.
Kris is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mountains of center of Mexico
Posts: 17
Garage
I install the Akrapovic with out the cat,on my GS, personally I don't like the sound. I put a little bit of fiberglass packing inside to quiet it down abit.
Tmex51 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmex51 View Post
I install the Akrapovic with out the cat,on my GS, personally I don't like the sound. I put a little bit of fiberglass packing inside to quiet it down abit.

i actually like the quiet sound of the stock exhaust. at last i do not need to wear earplugs, for a change!

all that info from aftermarket exhaust companies that you increase torque and hp by open exhaust is completely untrue. all my bikes with open slipons lost around 10 km/h top speed.
Tmex51 likes this.
Kris is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 132
I have the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber on my 310GS and am very happy with it. Easy to install and if I had an "R", the mount for that is included also. The sound is fine and I can't remember if I have the baffle in or out. It is not so loud that I can't think.


I will have to look and see about baffle as I have an RC390 with the RS9 dual exhaust on. One of them when I removed the baffle was so loud I could not drive it without a helmet plus 30db foam earplugs. I always ride with a full-face helmet.


The carbon fiber is not as nice as the Yoshimura, but I like it better than stainless. I think the Remus is painted and I don't like that either.


Yoshimura finally came out with an exhaust but it is only stainless for now. The Akrapovic does not hang out anymore than OEM. Just make sure you have long pants on or you may burn the back of your calf it it hit the pipe when your leg is down. I also notic3ed the back heel of my boot hitting the pipe when the ball of my foot is on the pegs.


Akrapovic does make a CF heat shield for it now, it is on their site (no photo though) might get one if I ever see what it looks like.


Someone posted that they had trouble with the swing arm hitting the Remus exhaust but they might not have rotated the end pipe correctly.


It just comes down to which one you like, As for me I chose Akrapovic plus I can't see spending close to $1,000 USD for an exhaust which is about 19% of the cost of the bike.

2018 BMW G310GS White
2017 Hyosung GD250R Black/Gray
2016 KTM RC390
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE (sold)
2008 Hyosung GT250R (crashed)
199x Kawasaki Ninja 250 (engine failure)
Charles A is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles A View Post
I have the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber on my 310GS and am very happy with it. Easy to install and if I had an "R", the mount for that is included also. The sound is fine and I can't remember if I have the baffle in or out. It is not so loud that I can't think.


I will have to look and see about baffle as I have an RC390 with the RS9 dual exhaust on. One of them when I removed the baffle was so loud I could not drive it without a helmet plus 30db foam earplugs. I always ride with a full-face helmet.


The carbon fiber is not as nice as the Yoshimura, but I like it better than stainless. I think the Remus is painted and I don't like that either.


Yoshimura finally came out with an exhaust but it is only stainless for now. The Akrapovic does not hang out anymore than OEM. Just make sure you have long pants on or you may burn the back of your calf it it hit the pipe when your leg is down. I also notic3ed the back heel of my boot hitting the pipe when the ball of my foot is on the pegs.


Akrapovic does make a CF heat shield for it now, it is on their site (no photo though) might get one if I ever see what it looks like.


Someone posted that they had trouble with the swing arm hitting the Remus exhaust but they might not have rotated the end pipe correctly.


It just comes down to which one you like, As for me I chose Akrapovic plus I can't see spending close to $1,000 USD for an exhaust which is about 19% of the cost of the bike.
Here, the Remus is similar price as Akrapovic. i already ordered the Remus, even though I like the stainless steel Akra too. the Remus is stainless, but one version is black powder coated. what do you mean by not rotating the pipe correctly? it looks like it has fixed attachments...
Kris is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 04:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India
Posts: 676
Charles, by the way, you do not need to buy the ridiculously expensive carbon heat shield from Akra. you can just cut and weld the nuts from the OEM exhaust or get similar ones from any store, and attach the OEM shield, which looks much better and is stronger, to the Akra pipe.
Kris is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cleburne, texas
Posts: 129
you have to watch out when shaving weight from a exhaust system. the lighter the more delicate they become.
I installed two brothers black series titanium Mufflers on my SV1000N and they are crazy light. one day I am working on something and a 10mm wench on the pillion seat falls off and bounces off the right muffler denting it. giving me a stroke!
Focus Frenzy is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Frenzy View Post
you have to watch out when shaving weight from a exhaust system. the lighter the more delicate they become.
I installed two brothers black series titanium Mufflers on my SV1000N and they are crazy light. one day I am working on something and a 10mm wench on the pillion seat falls off and bounces off the right muffler denting it. giving me a stroke!
yes, the quality of the aftermarket silencers is more gentle, hence I would opt for stainless pipes. especially carbon bikes can brake easily. i had Delkevic carbon slip-on on my Vulcan S, and it just cracked in one place without any impact!

the good thing about a lighter silencer is that and heavier silencer put more weight of the bike to the right (or left). I doubt that manufactures take it into consideration when balancing the bike's weight.
Kris is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW-Motech center stand & Akrapovic S-B3R1-HRSS/1 exhaust DieselDriver BMW G310 GS General Discussion 8 09-26-2018 01:51 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome