Garmin Zumo 595LM in South East Asia (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar Vietnam, etc - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to RidingDutchMan
Garmin Zumo 595LM in South East Asia (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar Vietnam, etc

Dear fellow riders,

I have been researching for on the ‘best in class’ motorbike GPS for use in South East Asia. I am living in Thailand and I am planning to do extensive motorbike trips (on my BMW G310GS) to the neighboring countries like Malaysia , Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, as well as Indonesia.

From my own research the Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS seems currently to be the ‘best’ available GPS open the market because it allows 3rd party / Open Street Maps to be uploaded.

I noticed that the Garmin Zumo 595LM’s ‘world coverage’ includes Europe, America’s, Middle East, but is (very) limited in South East Asia. So there is a need to buy the additional South East Asia maps when buying this GPS.

My questions are:

1. does anyone has experience with the coverage of the South East Asia maps ont he Garmin 595LM PGS (how much coverage do they actually offer as not all parts of the countries are mapped)
2. does anyone has experience in downloading and using 3rd party maps / Open Street Maps on the Garmin
3. are there any know GPS’es that are better to use / coverage in South East Asia

Any other feedback is more than welcome.

I look forward to your responses.

Many thanks & safe riding…
Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page