Full LED Headlight Owners - Please Help! - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Full LED Headlight Owners - Please Help!

I bought and attempted to install the full LED headlight on a G310GS I've purchased as an Xmas present for my son.

Am I correct in assuming that the wedge connector for bike's parking lamp circuit is used to power the DRL's on the the headlight's sides?

If so, I believe the unit I received is defective because the BLACK wire does not protrude from the associated connector on headlight. Needless to say, the DRL's do not illuminate (FWIW, the low & high beams powered by the H4 connector work fine and appear promising)

To anyone who has successfully installed this unit, could you please look at the attached photos and confirm or correct my assumption that this unit is in fact defective?

Ride safe and thanks in advance for any assistance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW G310 LED - 01.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	12104   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW G310 LED - 02.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	12106  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: Below is response I received from ATOPLITE when I requested return on Amazon - seems to be saying black wire not required. Nevertheless, DRL's not working.

Hi,bro. TKS for your feedback. now i'll give your an explanation .
negative (black) wire on the T10 plug is connected to the H4 plug pin (black wire). Daylight and HI/LO beam have the negative ploe in common. at first, we leave the positive and negative both on the white T10 plug, but some users plug in the T10 at a reverse way ,H4 of HI/LO beam plug in at the same time.think about it , cause short curcuit . The fuse of the bike would pop.
LED light source is diffent from halogen light, halogen light is Independent. no poles respectively.
By the way, DRL can't light Independently. it light up with low beam when you start your bike. it's computer rule.We need to fit in with this .so No fault code is reported.
this light have a great performance. hope you enjoy your riding with it. lighting your way... if any issue, just follow us ins: atoplite . i'll send you some test video and pictures. tks for your support!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 03:09 PM

did you try rotating the white T-10 plug 180* ?

the lights up the side are not DRL's they are visibility lights so vehicles at night at a angle to in front of you can see you.
the semicircle low beam projectors focus light so well you can barely see them outside of where they project light.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip focus Frenzy. I did try T-10 connector both ways, multiple times, but no luck.

The replacement LED headlight arrived Xmas eve but I've not had opportunity to swap them out yet - hopefully tonight.

I was able to give it a proper night test a few days ago - personally and observing my son do a few drive-bys. Very worthwhile upgrade once I get the side/visibility lights working. Thanks again,will update!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTX View Post
Thanks for the tip focus Frenzy. I did try T-10 connector both ways, multiple times, but no luck.

The replacement LED headlight arrived Xmas eve but I've not had opportunity to swap them out yet - hopefully tonight.

I was able to give it a proper night test a few days ago - personally and observing my son do a few drive-bys. Very worthwhile upgrade once I get the side/visibility lights working. Thanks again,will update!
Have you fix the problem yet? is the T10 connector the white one? I also received this unit, and they wires look broken. easy to fix, but it looks strange the the wires are protruding. Can the headlight assembly be removed without taking everything apart?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190109_173418 (1).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	12186  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Can the headlight assembly be removed without taking everything apart?
yes see other thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page