Bar Risers Dilemma - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Bar Risers Dilemma

Greetings,

I was looking around for bar risers for a while. You guys probably know that Wunderlich offered a very high quality bar risers for 75 bucks. I found this one on Amazon, I think this is a fantastic tape measure job by my Chinese fellows. I like the color and I doubt there is a quality difference. The only difference is that I will feel guilty buying this WundERlich copy. BUt wunderlich hurts my wallet, ohhh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51NJgP-HE6L._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	12160  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:24 PM

why don't you get Rox Risers? they will hurt your wallet too, but give you more rise and you can rotate the whole thing closer towards yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rox risers.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	12162  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
why don't you get Rox Risers? they will hurt your wallet too, but give you more rise and you can rotate the whole thing closer towards yourself.
by the way, I tried to install a higher aluminium bars with conjunction to Rox Risers, and the clutch cable was just too short, and it is impossible to re-route it. So I do not recommend to go higher than 2" in rising the bars.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:50 PM

Those look perfectly adequate to me. Since there are no moving parts, you can trust that they won't fail even though they are Chinese knock-offs. Assuming they included the correct fasteners and decent mounting instructions (including using medium strength Loctite), I see no reason to get the Wunderlich risers.

2018 G 310 R
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:04 PM

Garage
Check out bar risers from MV Motorrad. I have installed them on my GS. They are bar back type risers. Raise the handle by 40mm and closer to the rider by 40mm. You will have to play a bit with cables, but not too much that you cannot manage. The seating posture is much more comfortable and saddling is more easier.

take care and ride safely
Rajesh

Take care and ride safe

Rajesh
G310GS
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

And I like the gold color. But that is too bad to Wunderlich. bECAUSE I am Chinese, so I know tons of people are using those bar risers, and so far no issues
mtwashington likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:43 AM

Wunderlich real of copy is a neat solution, but rox riser let you pull the bars towards yourself as much as you want. so it is a double type of adjustment - rotating the bars, and pulling the bars towards yourself (or away from you) from the bottom clamps. i wanted to add one more riser, as I like the bars really close, but the clutch cable is just too short.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:49 AM

Garage
I installed the Rox 2inch risers, definitely have to play / move the cables, but it does provide a better riding experience.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmex51 View Post
I installed the Rox 2inch risers, definitely have to play / move the cables, but it does provide a better riding experience.
I wouldn't mind to have a bit more rise, on top of rox risers, but that damm clutch cable is too short. I did my best to find the right balance between pulling the rox risers back, and twisting the bars back/up. it is close enough, but still my hands are not fully comfortable, a bit strain on my wrists.
Tmex51 likes this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 AM

I'm going crazy with bar risers.
I've mounted wunderlich ones. The height (+25mm) is fine but I'd like the handlebar to be more far from me, i.e. shifted forward. Unfortunately I'm not able to find risers that would solve the problem. Rox are too high for my purposes
Any suggestion?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page