Fuel Cleaner - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Fuel Cleaner

if someone is interested, I highly recommend fuel cleaner. on top of that, not using fuel with ethanol mixed. ethanol is very bad for the engine.

I found two types of fuel cleaners. one is funnel and second you put inside the tank. this one actually fits to baby gs:

https://guglatech.it/en/products/M24006-ARM

the second one is quite amazing. you can watch the video:

https://www.bikenbiker.com/products/...unnel-flo-tool

Last edited by Kris; 01-09-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:12 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to lost in space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
if someone is interested, I highly recommend fuel cleaner. on top of that, not using fuel with ethanol mixed. ethanol is very bad for the engine.

I found two types of fuel cleaners. one is funnel and second you put inside the tank. this one actually fits to baby gs:

https://guglatech.it/en/products/M24006-ARM

the second one is quite amazing. you can watch the video:

https://www.bikenbiker.com/products/...unnel-flo-tool
impressive video, but can't imagine lugging that around and asking the attendant to fill my tank via the filter...

おなかいっぱいです
G310GS 2018 in red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Can't get lost, if you don't care where you are
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in space View Post
impressive video, but can't imagine lugging that around and asking the attendant to fill my tank via the filter...
in the first option, the filter is installed inside the tank.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 AM

Nothing wrong with ethanol as a fuel in a modern engine. It has slightly less power than petrol, but you shouldn't notice the difference. Of course if water has been absorbed by the ethanol that isn't great, but that's hardly the fault of the fuel itself.

Unless you live in a third world country where the fuel is rotten or your service station has dirty tanks you don't need a fancy fuel filter. A small in-line one is fine.
heap likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

regarding fuel filter, it has been tested that even in the west there are impurities in the gasoline. one is 'coffee filter test' where you attach the paper coffee filter to the end of the bottle while pouring the fuel in, and apparently there are black residues on the filter. maybe this is one of the main culprit of fuel injectors getting clogged.

i am afraid that there are many wrong things about ethanol. it is wise not to use it if one has the choice. but as in diet, one has to make up one's mind what is really healthy... with ethanol situation it is similar when vegetable oil (polyunsaturated fat) was introduced in the name of reducing cholesterol. all the propaganda made naive folk believe that it is healthy, even though it is one of the most toxic substances you can put into your body. ethanol thing is just conspiracy created by some manipulative companies to make more money. why would one voluntarily want to put that crap into the tank is beyond me...: but is your bike.

"The peak flame temperature of ethanol is 1,920 °C (3,488 °F), while the the peak temperature of gasoline is 1,026 °C (1878.8 °F). Ethanol burn hotter meaning car engines run hotter.

One of the bad things that happens when ethanol used as a fuel is that car mileage will actually decrease. The New York Times stated that E10 gasoline, which is the gas used in America, actually provides 2-3 miles per gallon less than gasoline. E85 is a flex-fuel with 85% ethanol loses 7-8 miles per gallon.

Compounding the problem, the use of ethanol causes gummed-up fuel systems, damaged tanks and phase separation caused by stray moisture infiltrating fuel systems. Automakers have filed a lawsuit against the EPA's decision to make E15 (gasoline with 15 percent alcohol) legal for all cars after 2007. They argue that, among other problems, the blend could damage the engine."

Last edited by Kris; 01-10-2019 at 06:04 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelände Schnecke View Post
Nothing wrong with ethanol as a fuel in a modern engine. It has slightly less power than petrol, but you shouldn't notice the difference. Of course if water has been absorbed by the ethanol that isn't great, but that's hardly the fault of the fuel itself.

Unless you live in a third world country where the fuel is rotten or your service station has dirty tanks you don't need a fancy fuel filter. A small in-line one is fine.
by volume yes, you make more power on ethanol than gasoline. it just takes more of it because ethanol generates oxygen. it was the original reason for putting it in gas, it would make older carburetor engines cleaner.

one of the car magazines (can't remember which) tested a chevy silverado pickup on straight gas and E85 and it was 2 tenths of a second faster through the 1/4 mile on E85 and only lost 2mpg on the E85
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 PM

I do not like ethanol, but does anybody from up north ever use HEET? It is alcohol to dry moisture in gasoline to prevent frozen fuel lines. Fuel filters for anything produced since the old glass bowl filter will remove debris from fuel.

Ethanol producers know their product is bad and do not use it to produce ethanol. A television show put on by the producers said it took 1 gallon of petroleum to produce 1.25 gallons of ethanol. Gasoline is not efficient enough to run a tractor or truck-ever notice they all run on Diesel? If gasoline was used, the net would probably be negative. The producers have a lot of money to pay toward campaign contributions of lawmakers so the corn belt folk will be placated.

Off my soap box for now

Bob

2018 G310R Strato Blue
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and Slow View Post
I do not like ethanol, but does anybody from up north ever use HEET? It is alcohol to dry moisture in gasoline to prevent frozen fuel lines. Fuel filters for anything produced since the old glass bowl filter will remove debris from fuel.

Ethanol producers know their product is bad and do not use it to produce ethanol. A television show put on by the producers said it took 1 gallon of petroleum to produce 1.25 gallons of ethanol. Gasoline is not efficient enough to run a tractor or truck-ever notice they all run on Diesel? If gasoline was used, the net would probably be negative. The producers have a lot of money to pay toward campaign contributions of lawmakers so the corn belt folk will be placated.

Off my soap box for now
Ethanol producers don't use ethanol to produce ethanol?????? duh! they use corn, water, and yeast to produce ethanol.
it takes 0 gallons of petroleum to produce ethanol. the first thing man learned to do when he first started settling down from his nomadic ways to settlements is how to turn grains into ethanol..
moonshine stills are run on wood fire.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Frenzy View Post
by volume yes, you make more power on ethanol than gasoline.
I never said you make more power on ethanol than petrol (gasoline).
I said it has less energy but we shouldn't notice on our low powered motorcycles
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelände Schnecke View Post
+1
There is already a factory-installed inline filter on most bikes today (and the 310 are no exceptions to that), so I'm not worried at all. I don't see the need for anything additional.

'18 G310R

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page