BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Won't start in gear

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  porth 
#1 ·
It seems easy to stall the engine when it's not in the correct gear or enough throttle. No big deal. But i find it hard to restart the engine when it's in gear and i have the clutch pulled in. I need to find neutral in order to start it. Any idea what the problem may be with the clutch lever sensor and how i can fix it?

#2 · (Edited)
the clutch lever sensor is probably broken. you need to make the dealer fix it. i personally am going to install a different clutch system with universal two pins clutch sensor to fit short levers and no needing to worry about all that stuff. i already changed the brake side.

you might also want to try to tighten the lever travel, as if too loose, it is not reaching the switch sensor... actually, this should not have influence on the switch, now that I think of it.

#7 ·
For you guys who are having this problem, did you recently installed an aftermarket clutch lever?
That's the problem but an easy fix.

I had the same problem. Search for one of my previous discussions on this. Someone showed me how to fix this issue. No need to send it to BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.