Brake Light Flasher - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Brake Light Flasher

Just received an electronic brake light flasher from Ebay. Took 20 minites to install and works great. Inexpensive way to get flashing brake lights. Ebay item "Stop Light Strobe Flash Module Controller Box For Car".

Best days to ride end in "Y"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:28 PM

Garage
How about a link so that we know exactly what you mean.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8NONU View Post
Just received an electronic brake light flasher from Ebay. Took 20 minites to install and works great. Inexpensive way to get flashing brake lights. Ebay item "Stop Light Strobe Flash Module Controller Box For Car".
i installed something similar but more expensive. sts Smart Brake Module: https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Brake-M...0&sr=8-1-spell

it flashes when bike decelerates, or slows down through engine braking. meaning, it flashes without touching the brake lever. there are actually two options, that the brake light engages upon deceleration in the same way as when you normally press the brakes, or if you install the module upside down, it flashes instead.

I think it is a great safety feature so people behind get warned that you are slowing down.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike

Last edited by Kris; 03-20-2019 at 09:49 PM.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

I had one of those a gew years ago. It also flashed when I went over rail road tracks or hit a bump in the road. I didn't like the flashing when I wasn't slowing. I am aware of traffic around me and if I think someone behind me needs to know I'm slowing I can always just tap the brake gently. All for $7.85 U.S. and a few minutes of my time.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

If you go to Ebay and type in the description I put in the original post you will find the item.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:09 AM

i think that there two systems available. one that makes the brake light flash, instead of creating constant light, and the second more sophisticated is that that brake light comes in with flashing or not when you decelerate. pressing the brake lever gently to warn the cars behind is another option, but I am often just not thinking of it, so prefer that the module does it for me. I also often forget to turn the turn signal on. there is also a turn signal module to do it for you, as in the higher end bikes (my Tiger has it), but the wiring of that thing is very complicated, so don't bother. I prefer to have the least electronics possible on my bikes, and prefer not to cut any wires.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

You can rely on electronic gadgets but there is no replacement for cognitive awareness to prevent an accident. Electronic gadgets respond to whatever they are programmed for, they add zero to driving defensively........

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:30 AM

That would be illegal in UK and probably most of Europe.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukemeister View Post
That would be illegal in UK and probably most of Europe.
It depends on how it's done, some BMW cars have adaptive brake lights, but I don't know if they get brighter or flash.

I think it would be a good idea to have an accelerometer attached to the brake light circuit so that normal braking just shows a normal brake light and heavy braking flashes the brake light rapidly so that it is almost a continuous light, rapid flashing led lights are very noticeable to the human eye.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page