HyperPro Suspension - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
HyperPro Suspension

I was wondering whether anyone has upgraded their suspension to HyperPro? If so, I'd love to read your feedback, and even see some pics if possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lepicier-Gibson View Post
I was wondering whether anyone has upgraded their suspension to HyperPro? If so, I'd love to read your feedback, and even see some pics if possible!
I just did the front forks.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I just did the front forks.
Great to hear Kris, could you please tell me more about the difference from stock (handling on/off-road, braking, etc), and any other feedback? Thanks in advance!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Great to hear Kris, could you please tell me more about the difference from stock (handling on/off-road, braking, etc), and any other feedback? Thanks in advance!
Stefan. Much superior. No more front diving and the bike is much more stable. they are not expensive. if you need tips how to install them, let me know. I did it alone.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Stefan. Much superior. No more front diving and the bike is much more stable. they are not expensive. if you need tips how to install them, let me know. I did it alone.
The diving has been a huge gripe, and great to hear that the front end is much more stable on all fronts. I considered the Tractive suspension, but the cost is prohibitive, especially when considering HyperPro was started from ex Ohlins people...soooo much cheaper and more flexible options!

I'm genuinely interested to learn more about your installation, by all means, please share!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 AM

the right fork is easy to install. just take the fork out; first unscrew the bolt holding it on the side and from top unscrew the main bolt a bit. then unscrew it fully and dump all the oil out and take the old spring out; fill the oil - measure the air gap (they give you the number). pump it many times pulling the inner rod. fit the new spring, etc... i have special tools, but you can do it without with help of another person.....

the left fork is more of challenge, because there is an inner bolt below the top bolt that holds the whole thing together and 'special tool' is needed to remove it. there is no spring in the left fork. i just heated it up with the heat gun (because it is heavily glued) and used leather-man pliers to open it. then you just fill with fork fluid, slide the spring in, and close the whole thing. make sure that you remember that there is a washer and it needs to go in the right order. the washer...i think it is in the right fork...

Last edited by Kris; 04-04-2019 at 06:44 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:41 AM

I did, and got the lowering kit that lowered the bike 2.5" and added the progressive fork springs. Bike is so well planted now and falls so easily into the corners. Great upgrade!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:10 PM

Hi, Iíve installed both front and rear springs from Hyperpro. Needed some help from a dealer to get the rear spring changed, but all in all not too difficult to do. Big difference and also a bit taller now. No significant diving when braking, and sits perfect in curves. Highly recommended.Y
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I've been torn between the Tractive, Wilbers and HyperPro for ages, but have decided to go for the HyperPro setup, and they're in-stock here in Australia which saves $'s and postage hassles. Did you all go for the Street Box package btw?

https://store.suspensionshop.org/bmw...l#!prettyPhoto
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I've been torn between the Tractive, Wilbers and HyperPro for ages, but have decided to go for the HyperPro setup, and they're in-stock here in Australia which saves $'s and postage hassles. Did you all go for the Street Box package btw?

https://store.suspensionshop.org/bmw...l#!prettyPhoto
Hi Stefan it would be great if you let us know how you get along with this setup after you have given it a try out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page