OEM wind deflector with spacers? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stefan Lepicier-Gibson

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OEM wind deflector with spacers?

I've had my 2019 G310GS for just over a week. On my ride home today I got to wondering if I put longer bolts and some spacers behind the wind deflector if it would make much of a difference.

Since most of the members of this forum have had their G310GS longer than me and probably experimented with a variety of solutions I decided to ask first.

It will probably be getting much warmer (HOT) shortly, so the wind deflector will probably be a help when riding slowly in the higher temps.

I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, and I would just like to get the wind deflection up a couple of inches.

If anyone has put spacers behind the deflector, what size bolts and spacers did you get?

Thanks in advance

Dave

IBA #44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:29 PM

Hi Dave
I did consider doing that, but opted for an add-on windscreen deflector. If you haven’t seen these, they’re basically a small screen maybe 10”x4” that mounts on the top of the windscreen, mine has a fair range of adjustment. Got mine thru Alibaba for about $20. Works pretty well in lifting the airflow enough for me.

Red G310GS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92029 View Post
If anyone has put spacers behind the deflector, what size bolts and spacers did you get?
I shimmed mine out using some spare washers with rubber grommets, which were for my Honda Civic's rocker cover. I had a bag of them in my spares-draw for some unknown reason, and they've worked a treat! From memory, the bolts I used were M5x35mm for the top, and as you can see I've left the lower ones standard without any spacers. Remember to use Loctite!

dave92029 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page