Hydraulic Clutch - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Hydraulic Clutch

One owner that I know have already installed the hydraulic clutch. A unknown Chinese brand, but it works well. He said the world is completely different after installing the hydraulic clutch. I am wondering does anyone install the hydraulic clutch here. I am searching the catalog of Magura website today, cannot find 310 on it. The heavy clutch issue really bothers me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	12708   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	12710  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
One owner that I know have already installed the hydraulic clutch. A unknown Chinese brand, but it works well. He said the world is completely different after installing the hydraulic clutch. I am wondering does anyone install the hydraulic clutch here. I am searching the catalog of Magura website today, cannot find 310 on it. The heavy clutch issue really bothers me.
if I may say, it is a waste of money. the gs clutch is so light, that I see no reason for upgrading. the simpler the better. changing the brake master cylinder is another matter. it is an issue of safety and the oem MC sucks big way.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:24 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
The clutch on my R is very light. Maybe there's an issue with yours, check out another one or two at your dealer and if much lighter, have yours fixed.
The brakes on my R are also excellent, so if anyone is not happy with theirs, maybe there's something wrong with it also (air in the lines, grease on pads/disc).

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:32 AM

i am going to install heavy duty clutch springs on my gs. this should give it more mojo....

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 AM

May I ask - Why
The fact the clutch is so light that is my only niggle with the GS.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Klumper View Post
The clutch on my R is very light. Maybe there's an issue with yours, check out another one or two at your dealer and if much lighter, have yours fixed.
The brakes on my R are also excellent, so if anyone is not happy with theirs, maybe there's something wrong with it also (air in the lines, grease on pads/disc).
I think the issue is not with clutch lever, it is with my hand my hand( or should say fingers) are small(short), **** it, it is like I am short but I like playing basketball
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
if I may say, it is a waste of money. the gs clutch is so light, that I see no reason for upgrading. the simpler the better. changing the brake master cylinder is another matter. it is an issue of safety and the oem MC sucks big way.
I dont think this should be a waste of money. Its like buying LEGO, build it , experience it and enjoy it
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Klumper View Post
I saw one of your thread said the puig works great with your bike. They dont interfere with your switch housing, right? I used to mount a Chinese version adjustable clutch but they have interfere issue, so I tossed it, but I kept the brake lever.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:52 AM

i see here several subject are mixed together: hydraulic clutch, clutch lever, too soft clutch, etc.

in my opinion hydraulic clutch is waste of many on this bike as the clutch is already very easy to operate. (one of the purposes of hydraulic clutch is to make clutch softer). no need to fix something that already works so well... unless one is doing is just for fun of it.

however, adding heavy duty clutch spring would give the bike more power, especially on lower gears. i made the conversion in crf 250L and it made a big difference. i ordered some heavy duty EBC couch springs for gs, but did yet have yet the chance to install them.

I did not yet fit Puig Clutch lever, as I am away from the country, but I am sure it should fit perfectly, as for some reason the Chinese are unable to make the exact replica of the oem lever.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:55 AM

The clutch action is very light but the engagement point is too far out if you have small hands like me. The easiest fix is to adjust the cable for more slack, bringing the engagement point closer to the bar the same as an adjustable lever would. Adjusting the throttle cable for minimum slack also helps with smoothness.