LED lights anybody? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

LED lights anybody?

Hi!

I haven't found any thread about LED bulbs.
As I have succesfully upgraded the factory halogen bulbs to LEDs in my cars in the past years, I thought I might get some decent modern outfit regarding it's light to my little BMW.

I should have order a H4 LED and that's it. There are endless brands and options, but around 20-40 Euros there are so many decent looking H4 LEDs in the ebay...
(in my cars I only used the american JDM ASTAR LEDs.
https://www.jdmastar.com/
I loved them in every aspect. Color is perfectly cool blue hue, and I was fully satisfied with the light beam itself. My cars were a 2018 Honda Civic and a 2018 Mazda CX3. Both have the same H11 JDM LEDs).

So, I would order a random H4 LED to my BMW as well, but maybe if there is any owner here to get me some advices, then please just let me know what should I know about H4 "motorcycle" LEDs.
As in the past years I hardly used any of my bikes after darkness, I don't really care about the light beam, I would only get a LED this case is to get a very cool-ice-blue daytime running light to my 310GS...

Thanks for any input in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

This is the light'c color spectrum I would like to achieve in my GS310...

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
Hi!

I haven't found any thread about LED bulbs.
As I have succesfully upgraded the factory halogen bulbs to LEDs in my cars in the past years, I thought I might get some decent modern outfit regarding it's light to my little BMW.

I should have order a H4 LED and that's it. There are endless brands and options, but around 20-40 Euros there are so many decent looking H4 LEDs in the ebay...
(in my cars I only used the american JDM ASTAR LEDs.
https://www.jdmastar.com/
I loved them in every aspect. Color is perfectly cool blue hue, and I was fully satisfied with the light beam itself. My cars were a 2018 Honda Civic and a 2018 Mazda CX3. Both have the same H11 JDM LEDs).

So, I would order a random H4 LED to my BMW as well, but maybe if there is any owner here to get me some advices, then please just let me know what should I know about H4 "motorcycle" LEDs.
As in the past years I hardly used any of my bikes after darkness, I don't really care about the light beam, I would only get a LED this case is to get a very cool-ice-blue daytime running light to my 310GS...

Thanks for any input in advance!

There are these: https://www.beamtechs.com/collection...it-xenon-white

And these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which seems to get good reviews. Take a look at the construction, mimics the H4 quite well.

P.J.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:11 AM

I agree, Beamteach LED bulbs are great, and you get 2 of them for very cheap price. They have the beam pattern very close to Halogen bulbs. the problem with many LED bulbs is that the light is too dispersed. I personally, fitted the whole LED headlight assembly in gs, but I use Beamtech on another bike.
Slycooper likes this.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

I already ordered a pair of H4 LEDs. I will let You know here how it goes when it arrived.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page