3000kms touring singapore -thailand my experieance and reviews - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By csrikant

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

3000kms touring singapore -thailand my experieance and reviews

I had great trip from Singapore-Thailand round almost covered 3000Kms in 4 days.
Best bike for this kind of trip I have done this trip several times with MT-03, R3 CB250R ,CB400 CB400x among all this ride comparison GS 310 was most comfortable ride ever.
Very less fatigue and can cover 1000kms per day riding 12 hrs without any body pain- great comfortable suspensions. can handle some off-road mountain tracks with ease best of both worlds.

Pre preparation fixes for this trip.
very smooth while cruising 80-100kmph after while I observed the vibration of engine is higher at 120-130 km cruising speeds.
Got some nylon washers 8-10 and 12 mm. Fixed 12mm washers on in-between engine to frame mounting bolts. 8 mm washers around the chain roller bolts. 10 mm on the foot peg bolts. the vibrations almost gone and bike was smooth and was able to cruise at 8000-9000nrmp at around 130-140kms. This nylon washer solved all vibration issues.
OEM Head lights are weak so changed to led lights ATOPLITE BMW moto LED Headlight High/Low Beam with Angel Eyes DRL Assembly Kit and Replacement Headlight For BMW G310GS G310R (G310 Headlight).
Also have Yellow and green Fog lamps with flood and spot mix. Best lights to ride at 120-150kms night cruising.
While riding at night I noticed my headlight wobbly at high speed to fix this I had purchased epoxy cement and I had filled it around the plastics around the head light fixtures and under side of windshield mounting and speedometer mounts etc this made the plastics rigid and stiff.

Fuel consumption

cruising around 80-100 kms full tanks can get average 300-330 kms vary depending on road conditions test for around 3x tank fills.

Cruising on roads 120-150kms full tank can go between 260-290 kms tested for 4x tank fills.

Distance 1274kms covered on 4x tank fills average.

My big GS 1200 buddy's were fast on highways able to cruise 160-180km but on an average we GS310 was able to catch up most of the time we lagged maximum by 22 minutes on whole trip not bad almost there with big boys.
GS 1200 fills 28-30 lits and 3x higher cost and just 20 minutes a head in this trip practical testing on real road conditions. GS 310 is worth its value and fuel saving.

I have noticed other bikes consume oil in my previous trips like MT03/R3 when cruising consumes 300-400ml oil and need top up every 1000kms otherwise taking risk of seized engine.
GS 310 had zero oil consumed on the 3000kms trip oil level remained the same. Best engine setup.
GS 310 also had no soot on the exhaust. My MT03-R3 gets black soot after trips.

Continue later
porth, G0MYW and joker-b like this.

Last edited by Cees Klumper; 06-26-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrikant View Post
I had great trip from Singapore-Thailand round almost covered 3000Kms in 4 days.
Best bike for this kind of trip I have done this trip several times with MT-03, R3 CB250R ,CB400 CB400x among all this ride comparison GS 310 was most comfortable ride ever.
Very less fatigue and can cover 1000kms per day riding 12 hrs without any body pain- great comfortable suspensions. can handle some off-road mountain tracks with ease best of both worlds.

Pre preparation fixes for this trip.
very smooth while cruising 80-100kmph after while I observed the vibration of engine is higher at 120-130 km cruising speeds.
Got some nylon washers 8-10 and 12 mm. Fixed 12mm washers on in-between engine to frame mounting bolts. 8 mm washers around the chain roller bolts. 10 mm on the foot peg bolts. the vibrations almost gone and bike was smooth and was able to cruise at 8000-9000nrmp at around 130-140kms. This nylon washer solved all vibration issues.
OEM Head lights are weak so changed to led lights ATOPLITE BMW moto LED Headlight High/Low Beam with Angel Eyes DRL Assembly Kit and Replacement Headlight For BMW G310GS G310R (G310 Headlight).
Also have Yellow and green Fog lamps with flood and spot mix. Best lights to ride at 120-150kms night cruising.
While riding at night I noticed my headlight wobbly at high speed to fix this I had purchased epoxy cement and I had filled it around the plastics around the head light fixtures and under side of windshield mounting and speedometer mounts etc this made the plastics rigid and stiff.

Fuel consumption

cruising around 80-100 kms full tanks can get average 300-330 kms vary depending on road conditions test for around 3x tank fills.

Cruising on roads 120-150kms full tank can go between 260-290 kms tested for 4x tank fills.

Distance 1274kms covered on 4x tank fills average.

My big GS 1200 buddy's were fast on highways able to cruise 160-180km but on an average we GS310 was able to catch up most of the time we lagged maximum by 22 minutes on whole trip not bad almost there with big boys.
GS 1200 fills 28-30 lits and 3x higher cost and just 20 minutes a head in this trip practical testing on real road conditions. GS 310 is worth its value and fuel saving.

I have noticed other bikes consume oil in my previous trips like MT03/R3 when cruising consumes 300-400ml oil and need top up every 1000kms otherwise taking risk of seized engine.
GS 310 had zero oil consumed on the 3000kms trip oil level remained the same. Best engine setup.
GS 310 also had no soot on the exhaust. My MT03-R3 gets black soot after trips.

Continue later
\

I actually live in thailand for 6 months every year. but my gs is in India. I am glad that you did not have any issues. and I agree that that small gs is most comfortable. even though opening the exhaust a bit, could make the ride more pleasant. I find SS Akra very quiet but giving the bike more character (plus shedding much of the weight). ps. i meet many riders come from Singapore or Malesia to Thailand. it is a very nice ride.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:51 PM

That’s a good distance in four days!

Sometimes the lightweight bike is a good option, and you don’t need to go 150kph, you will see a lot more at lower speed!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page