Brake pads - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Brake pads

Front OEM brake pads are good enough but back break pads are very weak.

I noticed my back brakes are weak after 3000km touring still good thickness left

They are very basic and don't have grooves.
I replaced back brakes with Bermbo Sinital. Dam good now better bite and shorter stopping distance but rear ABS kik in very off if you jam feeling its working.
Didac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:29 AM

I also fell my rear break weak after 3000km. Can you please share the model of the break pads?
A part from that, I also feel my foot break pedal very low, specially when standing up. You guys have any idea if there is something that can address this problem?
Cheers
D
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:31 AM

EBC pads for G310 R

Hi there.

These pads are among the very best on the market:

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcyc...-4t/2015/56544

For the front you can use either the EPFA - Double HH or the Double HH, for the rear you can use the Double HH. All other pads listed will also fit but the Double HH series are the ultimate when it comes to stopping power.

The pads listed are for the KTM 390 Duke but are identical to those used on the BMW 310 R, this has been confirmed by EBC(I bought mine from a local dealer/official importer and general agent).

When it comes to the height of the rear pedal you can fit a pedal extender, this enlarges the 'platform' and also build 3mm's in height. You can also remove the foot peg rubbers as this in effect will lower your feet by 15mm's, by doing so the pedal will be in a normal position in relation to the brake pedal. I have done this to my own bike and it works great.

I was going to order the SW-Motech adjustable foot pegs to give me some more room on the bike but by removing the foot peg rubbers you achieve exactly the same lowering of 15mm's. It does not look as 'kewl' as the Motechs but I believe in function over form and it is free which is never a bad thing.

P.J.
Tukemeister, Didac and Geoff PD like this.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post
Hi there.

For the front you can use either the EPFA - Double HH or the Double HH, for the rear you can use the Double HH. All other pads listed will also fit but the Double HH series are the ultimate when it comes to stopping power.

The pads listed are for the KTM 390 Duke but are identical to those used on the BMW 310 R, this has been confirmed by EBC(I bought mine from a local dealer/official importer and general agent).

When it comes to the height of the rear pedal you can fit a pedal extender, this enlarges the 'platform' and also build 3mm's in height. You can also remove the foot peg rubbers as this in effect will lower your feet by 15mm's, by doing so the pedal will be in a normal position in relation to the brake pedal. I have done this to my own bike and it works great.

I was going to order the SW-Motech adjustable foot pegs to give me some more room on the bike but by removing the foot peg rubbers you achieve exactly the same lowering of 15mm's. It does not look as 'kewl' as the Motechs but I believe in function over form and it is free which is never a bad thing.

P.J.

thanks a lot P.J.
Will try the double H and also remove the foot pegs rubbers, as I bought a scooter for commute now and will leave the GS only for off road, so no worry with vibrations in the foot pegs.
Cheers
D
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didac View Post
thanks a lot P.J.
Will try the double H and also remove the foot pegs rubbers, as I bought a scooter for commute now and will leave the GS only for off road, so no worry with vibrations in the foot pegs.
Cheers
D
Your GS foot pegs might be different to those of the R so I'm not sure if it will give you a 15mm drop removing the rubbers. But do have a look, costs nothing .

P.J.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post
Hi there.

P.J.
I don't have good experience with EBC. I kind of hate them. in many of my bikes, the pads cracked for no reason. Why not go with Brembo? Galfter is also very good; not sure if they have pads for small gs though.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didac View Post
I also fell my rear break weak after 3000km. Can you please share the model of the break pads?
A part from that, I also feel my foot break pedal very low, specially when standing up. You guys have any idea if there is something that can address this problem?
Cheers
D
07BB02SX Brembo part no
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:11 PM

I replaced the Brembo Pads which I found very poor in braking performance.
I fitted Ferodo Eco front and rear, the difference is massive. The bike stops a lot better now.
Brembo does not always equal good performance obviously.

BMW G310GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda Forza.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brava210 View Post
I replaced the Brembo Pads which I found very poor in braking performance.
I fitted Ferodo Eco front and rear, the difference is massive. The bike stops a lot better now.
Brembo does not always equal good performance obviously.

theoretically, Brembo should have a better bite as they are sintered, as longs they were broken in properly. sometimes pads get contaminated or glazed. if my brakes do not perform well, I usually use sandpaper on the pads to remove the glazed surface.
Cees Klumper likes this.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
theoretically, Brembo should have a better bite as they are sintered, as longs they were broken in properly. sometimes pads get contaminated or glazed. if my brakes do not perform well, I usually use sandpaper on the pads to remove the glazed surface.
All I can add is that they now work very well, so I am happy

BMW G310GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda Forza.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page