Good bye 310 - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good bye 310

Hi!

This weekend I went to my dealer for test ride and ended it up trading my 310 for 850! I loved the 310 so much. I put 10500 miles in 15 months and had no major issues and I will definitely miss it.

The new bike is great tho. Way heavier to push, but once it's moving is almost as nimble as the 310. I got a great deal on a premium package with all the electronics which will help my travels a lot. I took for the first ride on the same day and it feels so good!

Well just wanted to thank everyone for help and say that this forum is great. Everyone is helpful and friendly. I will try to check here and there just to see how it's going!

Thanks!!!

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8789.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	13300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8793.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	13302  

Greg

- Black G310GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Good luck with the new bike Greg, and don't be a stranger. Maybe you can post a comparison here, after a few months with the new bike. Surely other 310GS riders will be curious how you like the 850 vis-a-vis the 310.
Bas310 and gregtixa like this.

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:27 AM

better just to get Japanise bike that that BMW crap. i still have hopes for my 310gs, but considering all the complains, I am wondering if I made a serious mistake buying it. from what I got from the internet, all the BMW bikes give trouble. i would think that 'German' quality is top notch, but it is not. I go to Germany every year for work, and they cannot even get the wifi working properly. No bike company can come even close to Japan.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM

Since your new bike is an "adventure" bike, go off-roading and let us know how it goes. I say this with mild sarcasm.
gregtixa likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
better just to get Japanise bike that that BMW crap. i still have hopes for my 310gs, but considering all the complains, I am wondering if I made a serious mistake buying it. from what I got from the internet, all the BMW bikes give trouble. i would think that 'German' quality is top notch, but it is not. I go to Germany every year for work, and they cannot even get the wifi working properly. No bike company can come even close to Japan.
What a cry baby, I owned 5 BMW, 2 currently.
And they are amazing bikes, you cant even compare BMW quality to jap bikes
gregtixa likes this.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Looking through this forum, the little BMW G310 has no more issues than any other manufacturer’s offering.

For instance l have a KTM and the incidence of minor faults is about the same.

You generally read about all the faults on the forum, nobody posts to say “hey, my bike is running fine with no issues at all”

They will only post when they have a question, or a problem with the bike. So it reads like there are many issues but in reality it’s a very small percentage of the bikes that give trouble.
gregtixa likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev1981 View Post
What a cry baby, I owned 5 BMW, 2 currently.
And they are amazing bikes, you cant even compare BMW quality to jap bikes
why not? they are objective statistical conclusions based on many reviews. BMW is at the end of the list. I think Suzuki and Yamaha are on top.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=lightning;99106]Looking through this forum, the little BMW G310 has no more issues than any other manufacturer’s offering.

For instance l have a KTM and the incidence of minor faults is about the same.

You generally read about all the faults on the forum, nobody posts to say “hey, my bike is running fine with no issues at all”

They will only post when they have a question, or a problem with the bike. So it reads like there are many issues but in reality it’s a very small percentage of the bikes that give trouble.[/QUOTE

KTM is like BMW, in terms of quality, if not worse. I never owned one, but I read many comments. I cross my fingers, as I did not have any issues yet with my gs. but it is not true that people just keep complaining about their bikes. I am a member of several forums, like Kawasaki or Tiger (Triumph), and did not notice any complaints.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
why not? they are objective statistical conclusions based on many reviews. BMW is at the end of the list. I think Suzuki and Yamaha are on top.
Links? Let’s see some of those “objective statistical conclusions.” Or are you, as usual, just pulling stuff out of the far end of your intestinal tract?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:46 PM

Garage
Luckily everybody has his / her own opinion.
If we hadn’t everybody was riding the same bike (“you can have any Colour, as long as it’s black”)

There are no bad bikes anymore, you sometimes need to adjust little things a bit often 😜

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page