my recent works on 310 gs - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

my recent works on 310 gs

I was away from my bike for several months, so today as I came back to India, I did a lot of stuff. I changed the Traxion rear shock to a softer spring (I had to send the shock to the UK for them to do that, so be careful what spring rate you order!). I changed both chain sprockets: rear to 43 and front to 15T - much better, but I think 46 at the back would work even better ( but you probably would need a longer chain though). I changed the handlebars to RR kit - not sure of the benefits since I did not have issues with the oem (also you need to drill 2 holes to fit the controls). I fitted the Radial Magura master brake cylinder 12mm - finally, the bike is braking properly!!! (I used before 11mm MC from Kawasaki and it felt too Soft, though infinitely better than the oem 13mm) I fitted the (Chinese) rear hugger which can go together with the oem rear shocker protector - nice. I did the kickstand switch by-pass. I fitted the shorter clutch lever - the original is so ugly!.

by the way, I experimented with the SS Akrapovic Exhaust, and I decided to leave the baffle in. I am too old for all that noise, and I can hardly hear what people are saying to me

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I was away from my bike for several months, so today as I came back to India, I did a lot of stuff. I changed the Traxion rear shock to a softer spring (I had to send the shock to the UK for them to do that, so be careful what spring rate you order!). I changed both chain sprockets: rear to 43 and front to 15T - much better, but I think 46 at the back would work even better ( but you probably would need a longer chain though). I changed the handlebars to RR kit - not sure of the benefits since I did not have issues with the oem (also you need to drill 2 holes to fit the controls). I fitted the Radial Magura master brake cylinder 12mm - finally, the bike is braking properly!!! (I used before 11mm MC from Kawasaki and it felt too Soft, though infinitely better than the oem 13mm) I fitted the (Chinese) rear hugger which can go together with the oem rear shocker protector - nice. I did the kickstand switch by-pass. I fitted the shorter clutch lever - the original is so ugly!.

by the way, I experimented with the SS Akrapovic Exhaust, and I decided to leave the baffle in. I am too old for all that noise, and I can hardly hear what people are saying to me
Nice, what spring rate did you end up ordering, and what spring rate was too hard for you?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porth View Post
Nice, what spring rate did you end up ordering, and what spring rate was too hard for you?
I ordered, before something like 130nm, and even though it was correct for my weight, it was too hard and the bike was standing too tall. Now, I have 120nm, and it is much better. though I might even prefer lower spring rate. The bike is still a bit too tall, on the lowest spring preload. But it is much better, and the shock is great.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page