Alternative foot pegs. - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Alternative foot pegs.

Iíve taken the rubbers inserts off my foot pegs to expose the teeth and give me more grip in muddy/wet conditions. However they are quite small.
So Iíd like to replace my standard pegs with aftermarket off-road pegs. BUT hereís the problem...
Where I live is REMOTE and itís practically impossible to order any Ďnormalí replacements.
However on my local on-line website I see quite a good selection of pegs, but ALL are for other bikes...Hondaís, KTMs etc.
So my question is..... Does anyone know what (if any) alternative foot pegs from different manufacturers I can use??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:33 AM

I fitted SW Motech ones, which are much bigger. But I did it more for road comfort rather than off-road. but you can remove the rubbers and you have bigger off-road footpegs in that way.

as you love riding, you need to love you bike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I fitted SW Motech ones, which are much bigger. But I did it more for road comfort rather than off-road. but you can remove the rubbers and you have bigger off-road footpegs in that way.

Yeh I know about SW Motech, but theyíre practically impossible for me to get.
But I do see pegs available for other makes of bike here....Hondaís and KTMs mostly.
Iím trying to find out if a peg for a Honda XXX (for example) will for the 310GS.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:25 AM
PCV

It's fairly easy to bend some steel strip to shape, cut serrations in it with a grinder, and weld it to the existing rest to enlarge it. There must be a place nearby that works metal? Most motorcyclists know someone who can weld.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCV View Post
It's fairly easy to bend some steel strip to shape, cut serrations in it with a grinder, and weld it to the existing rest to enlarge it. There must be a place nearby that works metal? Most motorcyclists know someone who can weld.

Yes that is certainly possible but not really something Iíd like to pursue. Iíve never heard of anyone doing it or seen any evidence of what it may look like.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 03:56 AM
PCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff PD View Post
Yes that is certainly possible but not really something Iíd like to pursue. Iíve never heard of anyone doing it or seen any evidence of what it may look like.

This was not an uncommon mod in the days before trials bike manufacturers fitted "modern" footrests. The advantage is that you get exactly the size and shape of rest that you want (can be extended forward, back, or outward). This page https://www.rickramsey.net/Montesa4RTmods.htm#footpegs shows a less extreme example.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page