BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Frankfurt to Pakistan/India on G310GS

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Abrar 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a 2018 G310GS from BMW Motorrad Zentrum in Munich which has only 50km on it in a good deal. I'll be riding from Frankfurt to Pakistan and India crossing Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Stans, Russian Altai, Mongolia and China. I had spent quite a long time looking for a lightweight bike and finally decided to go for G310GS and I loved it.
There are many things that I like and I don't like about the bike. In the next few months, I will add all the accessories (crash bars, engine guard, fuel tank protection bars, windscreen, panniers etc.)
I had been to BMW offroad training and was impressed with the lightweight of G310GS and I'm hopeful it will be a great choice. But after reading the issues through this forum, I'm a bit nervous but on the other hand, there is not a single bike without issues.
Can you guys help me out and give me some suggestions on some issues which I can resolve before leaving for this tour and things I should know if something happens along the way? I was thinking to change the cast alloy wheels to Rally-Raid spooked wheels but it will be another 1300€ which is quite a lot of money considering I might not need them at all. I will be going offroad but I won't be pushing like a mad-max.
Any suggestions and helpful comments are highly appreciated.
Thank you!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you guys. I have checked and they already did before selling me the bike. I'll keep in mind the Alternator/Stator and pump issue in mind. My plan is to keep it lightweight by going with soft luggage system so I can go offroad as often as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.