BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

G310GS USA Maintenance Schedule

11K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  madduke 
#1 ·
Coming from Oilheads & K-bikes I am used to the 600 mile break-in then 6,000 mile minor then 12,000 mile major maintenance schedule. I have seen conflicting maintenance schedules for the G310GS so hopefully someone here knows what the real official BMW suggested maintenance schedule is.

#3 ·
Thank you for that excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have it, it's with my bike, at the dealer, until the brake recall is performed and I'm allowed to take delivery. So I guess I'll have to wait, unless someone is willing to share their knowledge.

#7 ·
Hello there. I'm a new member that also lives in Connecticut and I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting for Max BMW to complete the brake recall to take delivery.

If it's any consolation I was told that the parts are on the way in and the dealer will be able to begin the work soon.

#9 ·
Ellington. I got the good news myself. Going in to finalize the deal today. I've been a Max customer for quite some time. I bought my 2012 R1200R from them.

Are you using South Windsor or Brookfield? They're both good shops but I've been using South Windsor since they opened up and it's only 15 mins away.

#10 ·
So. Windsor. I used Troy, NY for my R1100R. Bought my R1150GS (used) from Brookfield. Switched to So. Windsor when they opened (Bear's BBQ & CT Valley Brewing are sooo close). Thought about trading my K1200LT in for a used C400X (that was at Brookfield). They moved to So. Windsor but when I went in to seal the deal I fell for the G310GS demo they had.

#11 ·
I've had good luck at both shops but I really like the guys in South Windsor. They've always taken good care of me.

I can't say as I blame you for hitting Bear's while your up this way. I haven't been in a while but I love it.

Did the deal on Thursday so just waiting on them to swap the calipers.

#12 ·
Stopped in today to sign my paperwork. Brakes are done, 500 mi. oil change is done, gonna deliver it next week. I could of put it in the pick-up but why bother. They picked up my trade in for free and are delivering the new for free. Finger's crossed for a 55 deg. day this month!

#13 ·
They delivered mine on Wednesday. I wanted to ride it home but the window for that slammed shut. :smile2: They called me Wednesday morning and told me they could drop it off that night so I said "what the heck" and now it's in my garage. The pick up and delivery is one of the many things I like about Max. Like I said, great guys and I am very happy with them. It was great to see them open a shop in this area. As much as I like the Brookfield shop, it is a quite a haul from here. The Japanese dealerships around here are just plain awful in my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.