BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

17 tooth front sprocket

18K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  backroadswest 
#1 ·
does anyone have a link to a 17 tooth front sprocket for my 2019 310 GS. I live in the USA and do not have access to any. I cannot find them anywhere on the internet and hear guys are getting them from European BMW dealers. HELP!!!! lol

#12 ·
I am not that familiar with the sprocket tooth count changes but, wouldn't increasing the front sprocket count lower acceleration?

#19 ·
It depends on the rear sprocket as well. Pretty much power goes from the motor to the front sprocket which is smaller, this will spin several times before the rear sprocket makes a full rotation. Sometimes things are designed kind of poorly and its sad to say but its true. There is nothing wrong with the bike or the sprocket configuration but where I live it is dangerous to ride on the highway for more than 20 minutes because the bike will overheat. Getting a rear sprocket with a few less teeth with give me a high top speed and less torque because there is less of a difference in the size of the sprockets. I want to go a little farther and add a tooth to the front sprocket as well which will allow me to pass highway traffic with ease. Much better than buying radiators or an engine. Here's a link to a gear calc.

#21 ·
I’m not sure about top speed. I could not pull the hills here in 6th gear before changing to a15 tooth gear. Now it flies up in 6th with no problem. I’m sure I could take 6th to redline now if I wanted. Most of my riding is below 70 mph so top speed is not a concern. 1st gear is great for starting out now. Also mpg’s have not suffered. My actual mileage is actually about 3 mpg better with the 15 tooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.