A Whole New World... - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

A Whole New World...

Hey guys, completely new to the motorcycle world, I've spent my life on four wheels lol. I've always admired motorcycles growing up and always wanted one. That being said I've always been intimidated of them too... The other major problem is I'm a shorty, like legit 5'3" and a quarter ... felt the need to include the quarter ahah ! Do you think the G310r would pose an issue for me ... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Welcome to the forum! Have you already gotten licensed?
As for your height, you'll be fine. The g310r has a relatively narrow body and seat for smaller inseams so being 5'3" shouldn't be a problem and it's suspension was deisnged for on road riding so the ground clearance isn't a high up as something like and adventure bike.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

I actually only have my M1 at the moment, but I'm just so excited ! That's really reassuring to hear, is it possible to lower the bike if anything though ?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
I actually only have my M1 at the moment, but I'm just so excited ! That's really reassuring to hear, is it possible to lower the bike if anything though ?
better get it complete best to get it out of the way it'll make this years riding season even more rewarding
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
better get it complete best to get it out of the way it'll make this years riding season even more rewarding
That's what I was thinking as well. Just need to find the time to go out there and get it !
bmwrider likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 04:11 PM

I read online it only lets you ride during day time hours, always hated having restrictions like that. I guess you have some other vehicle or another way to get around you depend on? Planning to ride the G310R at night?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Yup that's what I've seen as well. I do have a daily driver that I plan on keeping specifically for the reason that I'll rarely ever ride in the night time. I've noticed the amount of accidents in my area is significantly higher in the evening-ish to night time so my fears are heightened lol
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:14 PM

Why ride at night? I've only done that once before and the bugs that are out at dusk and at night makes keeping the bike a PITA to keep clean.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
Why ride at night? I've only done that once before and the bugs that are out at dusk and at night makes keeping the bike a PITA to keep clean.
Good call, I definitely don't want to deal with that at all
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:08 PM

If you live in the city like me you have to worry about horrible drivers since some drive horrible at night overall in just about any situation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page