Greetings from Nocrimes - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Greetings from Nocrimes

Good Days Guys,

Just registered today, but I have been enjoying Your Guys comments for a while now.
I have been riding motorcycles since 1988 with Rain, scorching sun and even a little of snow. Although I had to stop for a while after My ZXR was stolen darn I loved this Baby!
This will be a downsize for me but it is a wiser choice if I want to satay alive, living in Malaysia now and judging by the way the Driver Here are obsessed with them self and their phone, well I think I said enough.
I have ridden Kawasaki's, Honda's, Ducati Yamaha and many others, mostly sport Bikes and bigger CC's that I owned.
I will hopefully be able to get my first BMW in two to three weeks if all goes well.

As i got a WhatsApp from the dealer Here, that they arrived in Malaysia but are awaiting for the Pricing.
Glad to have learned and read some insight from other riders it as been of great help!

Thanks and Good to be here.

Previous Rides:

135 LC, 350 XT, 600XT, FZR 600, Diversion 600, ZXR600.

Enjoy Each Days:wink 2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum!

What colour are you getting?

Are you going to get any accessories?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:57 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ligkonakos
Welcome to the club!

You thinking on getting the standard or the GS? What colour?

It must be pretty underwhelming downgrading to a lower CC bike.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 11:03 AM

Location: Escondido, Caifornia ( 36 Miles north of San Diego )
Greetings and welcome! I am sure you will enjoy your G310R or GS in whatever color you choose. Keeping ones ego in check while realizing that Drivers dont pay attention will go a long way to keeping you alive. Again welcome to the group.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank You Guys,

I do apreciate Your welcomes.

I do think I will go for the G310R, as the hitching to start back riding a proper Bike is here now. Most likely the 310 GSwill be here by the end of the Year at best, at least here in malaysia. As for the color it isn't an issue for me as Yet, I have Yet to see what there will be available and decide Base on the real thing in front of me. Ifbased on the digital that's I have seen so far then I do like the blue one, so sexy withe the golden standing out.

Yes I do downgrade, but it is for the better as speeding is fun until a certain point (not to say age, darn I wrote it). I am not saying I do not want to anymore, but taking Your time isn't that's bad neither, plus I can still go on circuit if I want too. Also the roads doesn't allow for a safe experiences here. By that I mean, that potsholes are almost everywhere, in this country they do like to have mantenence plates (electric and water) right in the middle of the turn evenue sometimes on the highway!

For accessories I consider a few like: the Luggage grid, the top box 30 liters as well as theInner bag, the center stand (I do regret that it doesn't come with the bike), changing to LED what ever will be possible, the 12 V socket as well as the positioning or emergency stop sighal system.

Thank You for Your questions as well.

Previous Rides:

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM

welcome to the forum!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Ouch, those maintenance plates can sometimes act as a really short ramp if you go over them fast enough. But for general bumps, the bike should handle them fine.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Hi there Liquid cool,

Sorry I do not fully understand what are You referring to when You say:

"Ouch, those maintenance plates can sometimes act as a really short ramp if you go over them fast enough. But for general bumps, the bike should handle them fine."

Do You mind to make it simpler as my English isn't my mother tong , it seams I am mising something?

THANK YOU.

Previous Rides:

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 AM

I've ridden over these yellow covers before and it isn't fun on a motorcycle. I assume you're referring to those things on your streets.

Nocrimes likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:36 AM

some people are lucky enough to live in areas that have large enough gaps on either side that motorcycles can slowly pass by which cars can't unless they're okay with one side of the car leaning down. best advice i seen for riding over them for new riders is to treat it as you would when going on the trails which is slow enough and steady

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page