G'day from New Zealand - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

G'day from New Zealand

Greetings from Waitakere in New Zealand - a small township out in the wops, west of Auckland.

Just bought myself a G310R last week, picked up on Friday and am enjoying it greatly, at the moment - can't be happier.

As a bit of an intro, somehow 47 years have flown past since I got a bike licence when I was in the UK - cut my teeth on older British bikes, having a few of them, BSA C15 (250 cc my learner bike), BSA A10 Gold Flash (650 cc twin), Royal Enfield Bullet 350 cc (a proper original one, way before they were made in India) - but also some new Yamahas - an XS500, then XT250 and an XT500. Coming home to NZ in '82, I didn't really ride anything seriously for ages but decided to get a bike again about 5 years ago - a Suzuki S40, 650 cc single (you want to know about vibration? - try one of these!). Now I've gone back to commuting by bike - I don't need to go really fast these days hence my interest in bikes around the 300 cc capacity, they're quick enough, good on fuel, and not as expensive as the bigger bikes for insurance and registration.

Getting my G310R, I actually traded a 2016 Yamaha MT-03 which I'd bought brand new last November... (that's a whole other story)

Cheers - Derek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:29 AM

I'm in the same boat mate, I had 50 years off bikes Gold Flash was the last I rode !! on return from 15 years in Portugal to soften the blow I treated myself to the little gem, its like I'm 18 again, like you she is fast enough to keep up with traffic so don't get in any ones way out there. Tell us `your whole other story`later,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page