New from Fort Worth Texas - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 35
New from Fort Worth Texas

Hello all, I bought a blue 2018 G310R on 12/29 and so far love the bike. I am an experienced rider and was just looking for a smaller commuter, but still large enough engine to get on the freeway. This was perfect bike and price is good for a BMW with a better warranty over most all.

Have not put many miles on it as weather here is really bad, but plan to go on a ride once it warms up.
k9vic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Tactical_r3dn3ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 340
Nice color choice and welcome to the forum.
Tactical_r3dn3ck is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
tonnetje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: netherlands
Posts: 337
Welcome and enjoy your ride
Nice to start the new year with a fresh bike.
tonnetje is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Northern Waitakeres, New Zealand
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9vic View Post
Hello all, I bought a blue 2018 G310R on 12/29 and so far love the bike. I am an experienced rider and was just looking for a smaller commuter, but still large enough engine to get on the freeway. This was perfect bike and price is good for a BMW with a better warranty over most all.
Hi there, and welcome.
Basically, you have the exact same needs as me (and probably many of us older guys here) - a bike for commuting but capable of motorway speeds. BMW have put it all together extremely well, and these bikes excel on twisty roads - they have brilliant handling. Do you have any good roads with plenty of corners to flick through where you are?

"If you think stuff is simple, you really don't understand it..." Albert Einstein
NZWestie is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 814
Garage
Hello k9vic
Welcome to this G310 community.
Hope you will enjoy our threads and .............. I'm, like most of us, an experienced driver that wanted a smaller bike.
I love the G310R (Mine is a 2017 blue one) and look forward to spring in our country (the Netherlands).
Bas310 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Junior Member
 
MAC11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 7
Welcome.... I got mine on the 29th as well. I am in the Arlington area, but bought it in Hurst. It's a fine bike for the DFW area commute. I have 25 years riding motorcycle, but this one is well worth the price. Love that 3 year/30,000 mile warranty.
MAC11 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC11 View Post
Welcome.... I got mine on the 29th as well. I am in the Arlington area, but bought it in Hurst. It's a fine bike for the DFW area commute. I have 25 years riding motorcycle, but this one is well worth the price. Love that 3 year/30,000 mile warranty.
Small world as I also bought mine from Freedom Powersports in Hurst that afternoon, closed the deal about 3pm. They said they just sold one either that day or yesterday. Was it the other blue one you got? They only had the white and blue one when I was there and said they have been selling fast.

Hopefully we both got a good deal being the end of the year, I think so.

This weather just sucks, I only got to ride it about 5 miles after I bought it. Hopefully it will be nice enough this weekend.
k9vic is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 42
Hi there,

Let Us welcome You to the Forum, and enjoy Your road.*

Previous Rides:

135 LC, 350 XT, 600XT, FZR 600, Diversion 600, ZXR600.

Enjoy Each Days:wink 2:
Nocrimes is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Junior Member
 
MAC11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9vic View Post
Small world as I also bought mine from Freedom Powersports in Hurst that afternoon, closed the deal about 3pm. They said they just sold one either that day or yesterday. Was it the other blue one you got? They only had the white and blue one when I was there and said they have been selling fast.

Hopefully we both got a good deal being the end of the year, I think so.

This weather just sucks, I only got to ride it about 5 miles after I bought it. Hopefully it will be nice enough this weekend.
Yes, that was me. I actually got mine on 12/28/2017 at around 11 in the morning. I did get the blue one of 2 blues and 1 white. I love the blue and black, I road home, and it was smooth all the way to Arlington. It really rides nice.

I'm sure we did get a good deal, I did negotiate on certain things, and I walked out happy.

Weather has sucked, but looks like it's going to warm up starting tomorrow.

Last edited by MAC11; 01-03-2018 at 02:13 PM.
MAC11 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Junior Member
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 10
It's so interesting that many buyers are experienced riders of larger bikes getting this one. I wonder if BMW thought that would happen or if they were just going for the learner riders with the 300cc.
Mint is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Texas MAC11 BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 8 01-03-2018 06:26 PM
New member, greeting from texas wallkerrmartin BMW G310 Owners Registry And Check In Area 6 12-25-2017 03:21 PM
Hello from Texas! CentrumSilver New Member Introductions 2 11-28-2016 03:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome