Brand new owner after 54 years of motor pickles - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Brand new owner after 54 years of motor pickles

Hi all. Just received my new G310R here in Western Canada. Love it so far. I'm looking to get back to my roots and to get a lighter steed.
I've never been without a bike in my 54 years of driving so each bike has been in the stable for a LONG time.. My list of previous bikes is in chronological order:
Honda 50
Yamaha Twin Jet 100
Bridgestone 350
Yamaha 360 Enduro
Suzuki GS750
Yamaha FZ1 1000

Right now I,m looking for a center stand as this is the first bike without a built in one. Is the "Oxford Big Black Bike Stand" OK? The BMW manual says an adjustable stand is needed but if this one fits?? Does anyone else have better solutions? Remember I'm in Canada so my selection is much less than in the United Snakes.

That's all folks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:21 AM

Garage
I've got a few (but not many) more riding years than you and agree that I'd forgotten just how much fun a small light bike can be. I have the GS flavor and love the wee beastie.

I bought a center stand from an ebay seller in Thailand (Moto Roar) and am happy with it. The legs would be a bit long for an "R", but could be shortened fairly easily. The frames appear to be identical as to the stand and spring mounting points.

2018 BMW G310GS
2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
1986 Yamaha SRX-6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:08 AM

Garage
Hi Filefish and welcome to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filefish View Post
Is the "Oxford Big Black Bike Stand" OK? The BMW manual says an adjustable stand is needed but if this one fits??
The Oxford bike stand will fit fine, infact I use it on both the G310's and the Vstrom without having to make any adjustments. See here https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/41169-post4.html

The garage

2018 BMW G310 GS (Goose) - Akrapovic Carbon exhaust, Barkbusters, RZM Adjustable levers, Rally Raid Touring screen, Rally Raid bar risers, Hepco Becker engine guards and Orbit C-Bow side cases, SW-Motech ION Tank Bag, SW-Motech ION pegs, Shad rack mount plate and top box.
2019 Honda CB500X
2018 BMW R1200GS Tour

Last edited by Eccles; 05-14-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page