Hello from Sussex UK - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By G310User

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hello from Sussex UK

Having test ridden the g310r last Wednesday, have placed my order and am awaiting delivery early next week.
Really looking forward to getting back in the saddle after riding Maxi scooters for a number of years, the last one being the 650 sport which is a lovely scooter, but is a bit heavy for me now as I'm 59 this year and am finding that I don't have the strength to move it around as easily.
I haven't used gears for around 15 years, and that was a 1300 Honda pan European, so it took me a little while to realise the clutch wasn't a brake
I have to say what a fun little bike this is, and had a great time in the hour test ride.
Will post some photos when up and running.
Stay safe out there.
Blackie likes this.

2018 BMW G310R
2009 BMW R1200RT
2009 Vespa GTS250ie
1989 Schwinn LeTour
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Having test ridden the g310r last Wednesday, have placed my order and am awaiting delivery early next week.
Really looking forward to getting back in the saddle after riding Maxi scooters for a number of years, the last one being the 650 sport which is a lovely scooter, but is a bit heavy for me now as I'm 59 this year and am finding that I don't have the strength to move it around as easily.
I haven't used gears for around 15 years, and that was a 1300 Honda pan European, so it took me a little while to realise the clutch wasn't a brake [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/G310Rforum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]
I have to say what a fun little bike this is, and had a great time in the hour test ride.
Will post some photos when up and running.
Stay safe out there.
Congrats on your purchase! The hardest part is the break in. Have to keep it under 6000 rpm for the first 300km, but don't baby it either, and no red lining between 300 and 1000km, something like that... Your going to have fun! Cheers!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 AM

Congrats. You will enjoy it, its a great bike. Like Blackbeard mentions, the running in period is a slight pain, but soon passes. There seems to be quite a few of us,shall we say, senior riders, who like me have downsized or have other bikes to do longer distances on. I got the Blue one, and am really enjoying it. Post some pics when it arrives,that is if you can spare the time from riding it!

2017 BMW G310R
2019 Suzuki DL Vstrom 650
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 01:21 PM

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear that you've got a 310 on order! I think you've picked a fantastic bike to get back into the sport, and I'm sure you'll find it much more manageable than your 650. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page