What did you do to your BMW G310 today? - BMW G310 R/GS Forum
 135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 392 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Thumbs up What did you do to your BMW G310 today?

Share what you did today with the BMW G310 community!

Example: Took delivery at the dealership today, rode her home and gave it a nice wash!

Example: It rained on the last ride, so today I cleaned up the chain and lubed it. Ready for the next run on mulholland drive.

Example: Went out for a impromtu ride and ended up all the way across town. It was a nice ride!

Anything goes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Ken

Garage
Today, I didn't engage the side stand properly...and dropped it! Fortunate for me, only a small 10mm scratch on the body panel that protects the side of the radiator. Really miffed, I did this...and so a word of warning to all G310 R owners, make sure the side stand is fully extended. Roll on the delivery of my centre stand, which is on back order, and some decent accessories like crash bungs

Last edited by Ken; 07-01-2017 at 08:33 PM.
post #3 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Today, I didn't engage the side stand properly...and dropped it! Fortunate for me, only a small 10mm scratch on the body panel that protects the side of the radiator. Really miffed, I did this...and so a word of warning to all G310 R owners, make sure the side stand is fully extended. Roll on the delivery of my centre stand, which is on back order, and some decent accessories like crash bungs
I took delivery of mine on Thursday. The salesman at Pidcock motorcycles said that there are no accessories available in the UK at the moment despite being in the catalogue. Couldn't even get the accessory socket. The centre stand isn't even listed in the catalogue he is using - good luck on that one. His boss said that the centre stand is not available due to a cat on the exhaust being in the way - pure bovine excrement! If you do manage to get a centre stand, please post when you get it.
angiedave and Old boy like this.
post #4 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Ken

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
I took delivery of mine on Thursday. The salesman at Pidcock motorcycles said that there are no accessories available in the UK at the moment despite being in the catalogue. Couldn't even get the accessory socket. The centre stand isn't even listed in the catalogue he is using - good luck on that one. His boss said that the centre stand is not available due to a cat on the exhaust being in the way - pure bovine excrement! If you do manage to get a centre stand, please post when you get it.
Yes, I've heard when watching some videos, that a centre stand is not possible, because of the cat. I'm just hoping some of the after market companies produce the goods. A fender extender for the front mudguard would also be good. I've noticed, in the past week that R&G have several more accessories listed...but not the centre stand or fender extender! I will keep looking and post any good news
post #5 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Yes, I've heard when watching some videos, that a centre stand is not possible, because of the cat. I'm just hoping some of the after market companies produce the goods. A fender extender for the front mudguard would also be good. I've noticed, in the past week that R&G have several more accessories listed...but not the centre stand or fender extender! I will keep looking and post any good news
I did find the centre stand listed on the Netherlands BMW motorrad website, so the cat theory must be incorrect as they are part of the EU. You would need a pretty long fenda extenda to stop mud getting on the front of the engine.
Ken and Old boy like this.
post #6 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Didn't do squat. Also nice traffic generator Admin.

Dealer returned my deposit Thursday. Won't be in the US until Sept-October. I'll wait until next year. No need to sit $5000 in the garage for 6 months requiring taxes, insurance, registration fees.
cfaircraft likes this.
post #7 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:14 AM

Saturday: Break in service

Monday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Tuesday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Wednesday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Thursday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Friday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)

That about covers what I did today, tomorrow and rest of week...
post #8 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencoeman View Post
I did find the centre stand listed on the Netherlands BMW motorrad website, so the cat theory must be incorrect as they are part of the EU. You would need a pretty long fenda extenda to stop mud getting on the front of the engine.
I notice that the centre stand, along with other accessories, are now listed on the BMW UK website on the G310R page.
Old boy likes this.
post #9 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Are you planning on getting the OEM center stand?
I have a fear of bikes tipping over when on a center stand so those front and rear stand combos are more my preference.
post #10 of 392 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
Are you planning on getting the OEM center stand?
I have a fear of bikes tipping over when on a center stand so those front and rear stand combos are more my preference.
Yes, I will get a centre stand as soon as they available. As a biker of 50 years experience, a centre stand is a top priority just for basic servicing like chain maintenance etc. I have only had one bike topple over on a centre stand and that was due to really high winds (approx. 50mph plus), and it was a brand new Honda CB400 four in 1976. As long as the ground is level, you shouldn't have any problems - much more stable than a pair of paddock stands.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page