Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Knysna, South Africa
Mods to my new 310 GS
I thought I would post what I have done to my new 310GS.
1. To import a windscreen would cost me the dollar equivalent of $190. I bought a piece of 3mm poly-carbonate and based on pictures I have seen of other windscreens I made one up myself with the use of a jigsaw and a heat gun for $12.
2. I found that the rear brake is too short and too low. I attached an extension on top of the brake lever with the hex bolts acting as the traction mechanisms.
3. I attached 2 tool tubes below the luggage rack after making a bracket to attach to the front of the tubes and cable ties to hold the rear part. I use the tubes for waterproofs - pants in the one and jacket in the other.
4. Using a Ram mount, I attached my tyre pressure monitor and old Pebble smartwatch (for seeing phone messages and for music control).
5. I put a 2 x USB power outlet on the handlebar
I seem to have exceeded my max number of pictures allowed so I'll post more in a following post!