Swore very loudly - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Swore very loudly

Riding to work this morning on the only 3 miles of A road I have on my commute. I was a following a DPD delivery van, looked to overtake when the **** of a driver tossed his cigarette out of the window, hit me on the visor. Glad my visor was down, consequences if had hit me in the eye don't bare thinking about. No harm done but it really annoyed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:02 PM

Garage
This kind of stuff scares me. It's basically unpredictable and happens way too close and fast to avoid. The other day I was on the freeway (405N here in Los Angeles), was travelling in the carpool lane at around 70 mph, (left lane) giving a safe distance to the car in front of me when he slammed the breaks. I quickly reacted slowing down and moving to the right. When I look ahead in front of this guy there was a SUV carrying some camping equipment on the roof-rack and stuff was flying everywhere.

Then this giant roll came to my direction, at this point I was probably travelling at 40 mph and between 2 cars. I was still breaking but there was not much I could do. So I let the break go and rode over the thing, expecting that was definitely going to go DOWN BAD! Luckily it was a sleeping bag and I easily went over with no problem!

I never yelled at some one soo loud!!! I had to pullover and catch my breath.

BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!

Greg

- Black G310GS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:11 AM

At least that was an accident, bad loading, they didn’t eject it on purpose.
Glad you were alright.

It does annoy me when people throw their cigarette butts out of their cars, as if somehow it doesn’t count as litter.
Happens all the time here in the UK

Put it in the ash tray (you bought a car without an ash tray and you smoke?)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:03 AM

Garage
might bet is DPD drivers are not allowed to smoke in their DPD vans...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:02 AM
PCV

[QUOTE=Tukemeister;95672]Riding to work this morning on the only 3 miles of A road I have on my commute. I was a following a DPD delivery van, looked to overtake when the **** of a driver tossed his cigarette out of the window, hit me on the visor. Glad my visor was down, consequences if had hit me in the eye don't bare thinking about. No harm done but it really annoyed me.[/QUOTE
]
Worth reporting to DPD as the driver, while possibly breaking company rules, is definitely in breach of the UK anti smoking regs which forbid smoking in the workplace.

The van is deemed to be a workplace, as one painter found to his cost when stopped by the police. If he ain't smoking then he won't be ejecting such detritus either.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page