If you live in California and are considering the G310R, then read this - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

If you live in California and are considering the G310R, then read this

Hi,
Pretty excited about getting my new bike and first motorcycle (I just graduated from an Aprilia 200cc scooter of 5 years).

Dealers are aggressively pushing these out and I was able to get a demo bike w/ 103 miles for $3800 ($4500 out the door). They MSRP here for $4995/$5600 OTD.

On top of that. If you are a new rider, I HIGHLY recommend taking the MSF Course. If you do, BMW will give you $500 in credit to buy some BMW gear and they will reimburse your MSF fees, in my case, that was $260. I picked up a very nice armored jacket and a pair riding boots.

You also have an awesome 3 yr/36k mile warranty w/ BMW Roadside assistance for 3 years.

The whole experience with BMW has been very positive so far. And I totally see myself being brand loyal....but let's see how this bike holds up first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Wow, that is very aggressive promotion from BMW. Does the 'out the door' price include sales tax?

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Klumper View Post
Wow, that is very aggressive promotion from BMW. Does the 'out the door' price include sales tax?
Hi There, FYI, when someone says "Out the Door" it literally means every fee they charge for you to take the bike out the door and if it's a dealership, by law and per their dealer license, they have to process DMV/Tax/Title fees.

So yes, that price is Tax+ COGS + Destination +DMV +Title +CA BS disposal fees +etc.

The key is to ask for a demo bike. I paid $3798 for the bike "In the door." That's about $2100 below MSRP. Take a MSF course and get that fee reimbursed + $500 in free BMW gear.

Now to get used to this "hard to find N" clutch
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cees Klumper
Great, congrats on a super deal. I found the clutch/shifting gets smoother with time (although I still stall the bike occasionally).

2018 G 310 R, 2016 C 650 Sport and 1976 (!) Yamaha XS650
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 PM

I got my MSF after purchasing the bike, so sad. But I bought a 1600mile pre-owned bike, so it should be excluded from the promotion stuff.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Klumper View Post
Great, congrats on a super deal. I found the clutch/shifting gets smoother with time (although I still stall the bike occasionally).
I hope so. I'm a new rider (graduated from a 200cc scooter) so maybe it's user error too, but I have to very cognizant of how light I press/depress lever to get that half step in to N. Getting a little better each day I ride.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page