Powerbronze Tall Windscreen - BMW G310 R/GS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Powerbronze Tall Windscreen

Just received and installed the last remaining item (or so I thought) for my 310GS, the much-needed taller windscreen. I ordered the Powerbronze version once learning that it was the one to also be sold by Rally Raid. I like it though one casualty is that I was unable to make it work with the Barkbuster single side hand guards that I had previously installed. Between minor adjustments to the lever positions and the guard itself I was able to make the clutch side just touch... but I was unable to get anything close to that on the brake side. I even slightly reshaped the BB bar to close the gap between it and the brake fluid container but it still made contact the screen way too early and would risk breaking the screen, or worse restricting turning ability under stress. I decided to remove them and find an alternative but in a final fitting run tried to make a minor adjustment on the brake side and snapped the connector bracket! Ugh... in any case if anyone is interested in these hand guards with a broke bracket (maybe it is available separately?) let me know as they're taking up space for me. I verified with Powerbronze that their guards allow for full clearance by design and have ordered a set of them.

P.S. I should note that I have the Wunderlich bar risers installed which I assume would result in exaggerating this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-26 11.45.23.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	7793  

Gerald Massey
Brush Prairie, WA

'18 Red G310GS
'10 R1200RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 06:14 PM

The screen sold by Powerbronze is different to our Rally Raid Products screen in the fact that our RR screen is specifically designed to work with Barkbusters on both OEM and our Fat Bar conversion.
We developed our screen and Powerbronze make it exclusively for us to sell, not for themselves, we tried their version and soon realised it didn't work with BB guards.
If you compare the pictures, our screen has "bulges" lower down to clear the BB handguards, the Powerbronze has them at the upper edge,

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...venture-screen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ktmmitch; 04-26-2018 at 06:17 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
The screen sold by Powerbronze is different to our Rally Raid Products screen in the fact that our RR screen is specifically designed to work with Barkbusters on both OEM and our Fat Bar conversion.
Thanks for the clarification on that. That was ignorance on my part. When I saw that Powerbronze was making the RR shield I started looking online and Powerbronze showed one available but RR did not yet have it available. So I ordered from PB. As it turned out, by the time it shipped I think the RR may have been available... oh well. In any case a valuable clarification for others considering! Tks.

Gerald Massey
Brush Prairie, WA

'18 Red G310GS
'10 R1200RT

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page